Return To Ribes: A Fly In With Dad's, Kid's, And A WHOLE Lot Of Walleye!

solopaddler

Thank's guys! :)

Brilliant as usual, Mike. Still on my radar, as a destination, for Juli and I. Is it just me, or do Ribes Lake walleyes have extremely large eyes?

Not sure about the eyes Frank, but they're definitely different. Especially the blue/grey colored ones.

It's a really unique lake despite the small size. Deepest basin is 90' and there's two others that hit 55' and 60'.

I suspect the really deep water plays a role in their makeup. They're also some of the most aggressive hardest fighting walleyes I've ever seen.

Thanks Mike for making the time to put this report together and sharing your short adventure with the rest of us. The lake provided some great fishing especially for two young lads. Great pics and videos. As always, a real pleasure.

Thanks once again guys!

Glad your friend is doing well now and you two got some time to spend together doing what you love!

Thanks Joey.

I need to get over my fear of flying......asap

You know, I think I can help you with that if you're serious. :)

Certainly can relate to the early and unexpected flight out. lol. Nice to see you kept your camera handy. Thanks for the report Mike!!

Did you notice how heavy I was breathing in the cabin tour video? Seconds before I was running around like an idiot hauling bags down to the dock and pulling the boats up and flipping them over LOL!

Brendan has given you a 'new' name "The Predicter" LOL

You caught that did you? It was pretty funny.

Great report Mr. Solo.

Brings back some great memories of last year when we went and of all the hog walleyes I was able to put my 7 year old son Mano on to.

Glad to see that you and Joe could repeat the experience with a screen tent this time. :clapping: The owner of Hawk Air was at the tip of the unfriendliness meter to put it mildly. I still get hives just thinking about the way he treated his clients. I'm happy that Park's Fly-ins offers an alternative to fly in from Chapleau Air service now.

It's real real hard to get big wallies in Ribes Lake :whistling:

Some nice fish there Mike. Some of them are black as all hell.. Makes for a pretty gnarly looking fish!

I remember catching blackies like that in LOTW.. I figured they were deeper roamers but I guess it could have been simply a colour variation..

Good stuff mane. See you in the fall.

cheers