400 hwy service centre in Barrie re-opening Aug 6th

kickingfrog

Award-winning Cold Stone Creamery has been serving up superior ice cream, cakes, cup cakes and smoothies and shakes for over 20 years. In 1988, founders Donald and Susan Sutherland pursued their “ice cream dream” when they opened the first Cold Stone Creamery in Tempe, Arizona. Since they were ice cream lovers themselves, their mission was to give customers the “to make people happy and give them the ultimate ice cream experience”.[1] There are more than 1,450 Cold Stone creamery franchises located throughout the United States and in countries all over the world. Currently, there are 15 locations throughout Hillsborough County. The company is based in Scottsdale, AZ and is owned and operated by Kahala Franchising, L.L.C.

[1] “Our Story” Coldstone Creamery. September 6, 2010 https://www.coldstonecreamery.com/about/cold_stone_story.html

Don't get me going about the service at the new OnRoute on the 400. Wife had crappy service at the Teriyaki takeout (staff seemed to be serving friends and co-workers ahead of customers) and my burger was as Wayne described. Too bad Wendys is gone :(

I think the lure of $$ from a captive crowd have clouded their goals of servicing travellers.

these completion dates are planning well in advance....

i'm very sure the expected completion date would have been just prior to the long weekend.

someone got is some big trouble when it was determined that the project would not be complete prior to the long weekend.

A and W crap... lol.. at least it's better than "BigSmokeBurgers" that is at the first service centre heading North out of the City. $14 for a cheeseburger for Jen on Thursday night!

Wayne for 14 buck I could make you "porchetta" pork slouder on the BBQ but it takes five hours of turning!

Highway robbery it seems . . .

Wayne for 14 buck I could make you "porchetta" pork slouder on the BBQ but it takes five hours of turning!

Highway robbery it seems . . .

that one just north of Toronto sure is highway robbery.

stopped in there for my first and last visit earlier this spring.

now it will be emergency only.

hopefully the Barrie one will have more reasonable prices.

Like I said,I would stop in to see the digs. Nice to see they kept the access off of Fairview. Easy access. As I walk in,6AM,Timmies is the only thing open. We,ll get back to them. The creamery is a joke. 3x6 cold unit. Turns out,timmies is the owner of it. I asked. Pizza pizza was closed. I expected that. The Market was as well. They are a fast grab premade/packaged sandwiches and fruits. Im not into pre made wrapped. 6AM A&W was closed. This I couldnt figure out. Breakfast time,HELLO. Truckers parked outside,HELLO.

Now back to Timmies. You talk about disorganized. There had to be 7-9 people working there. There was myself and another couple. They ordered their breaky sandwiches and coffee,I order just a coffee. 10 bleeping minutes I waited. The couple was still waiting as I was leaving,but they were on vaction,heading up to PS for some camping and fishing.. There was this lady barking out at the workers. TEAM LEADER YAYA. No wonder the poor girl making my coffee had the shakes while she was handing me my morning Java.

I feel sorry for the workers this up coming weekend. They are not prepared.