Speaking of big box stores

lew

Seems like lotsa posts about crummy service in the big box stores lately so I thought I'd just pass on a fantastic experience I had with one of them but I don't want to name them incase I get someone in trouble for being too nice.

We've recentely re-done our back deck and wanted some new furniture including some whicker and a large stand alone umbrella.

There was just what we wanted on display with a price tag of $500 for the chairs & love seat and $300 for the umbrella so we decided to buy it. The salesman did up some paperwork then we went to the service desk to arrange delivery. The lady punched it into the computer and realised the furniture we wanted was marked wrong and was actually $800 rather than $500.

Turned out there was a similar set for sale for $500 previously but was no longer available and this one was a different model for much more money, but someone had forgotten to attach the new price sticker.

The salesman got the store manager and when he told her what was happening she immediately said it was their fault and that I could have it for the advertised price.

But to make things even nicer for me they included the tax and delivery in the price plus they threw in the $300 umbrella for free.

Price should have been $800 + $300 + $60 delivery + tax but I got everything for $506 all in, delivered to my door.

It's great to deal with a company that values their customers.

Ok Lew, I've never asked, with my many year on the board; did you crack a smile after the deal?

Good on you, this is what gets people spending! Hell, mention the brand, I'm partial to CT because of my kids ... But if I can save I'll go anywhere.!

Canadian Tire has the same policy, plus you get an additional 10% off the incorrect sticker price. Got a good deal on a pair of show shoes that way this past winter.

Shoes had the wrong sticker on them as they came up more expensive when scanned into the cash. Manager lady was called, she came and verified that the shoes had a lower price on them than what they should have had and then told the cashier to discount a further 10%. I asked her what she was doing and she said company policy, if its wrong, they take the sticker price and the refund. I said, thank you very much.

I was in the Lindsay Cdn Tire a couple of weeks ago 'cause they had Mother Parker's coffee on sale for $6.49 (reg. $9.99) for the 1kg size tin...Being Thursday there were only 2 tins left and both were badly dented...I asked the cashier if there was any discount for damaged goods ? She phoned the manager and he said charge me $4.50 for each...all in all I saved $10.98 on the coffee which covered the cost of the new paddle I bought on sale for 1/2 price $9.99... :good: :good: