Spinning combo suggestions

Dan668

Looking to buy a new combo for my dad. Had a budget of 150 in mind. His pflueger president is pretty rough after a few years. He's a pretty basic fisherman, likes his jig and grub. I'm not to familiar with the spinning reels out now. The daiwa lexa and shimano Sahara fe felt pretty good. Any opinions?

Thanks

I picked up some "cabelas" spinning combos this spring... Absolutely love them....

I got the cabelas XML walleye series spinning rods with cabelas pro guide reels... They are sexy little combos...

The rods and reels were on sale at the time so I paid $125 per combo... But regular price puts the combo at $200...

But cabelas branded gear goes on sale pretty often....

I'm looking at getting some cabelas XML casting rods next time they go in sale....

A medium action spinning combo for that price oughta last a lifetime no matter what the make. It better cuz I've never paid more than 80 for a whole spinning outfit and mine last a good 10 yrs on average.

If it were me, I'd get him two cheaper ones. Ugly stik lite rods, 7' with shimano sahara reels. Two lifetime combos for the price of one.

don't go with fenwick. they are known for snapping. stick with a nice shimano clarus or convergence, great rods for the money. for the reel stick with a shimano, will never let you down.

The only one I ever snapped was in my car window when I forgot the rod was sticking out when I was too lazy to break it down and moving a few miles upstream. My 11 ft hmxs has landed many a fresh huron rainbow in the rivers and never put up a fuss. To each his own I guess...I love fenwick,s

"traditional fisherman, jig and grub".....sounds like my grandfather, mostly fishes walleye? does he fish from shore or from a boat mostly

you can't go wrong with most things shimano...i have a 6' L clarus rod with that sahara reel in 1000 size, it's a nice jigging combo but was a few bucks over 150 i think

the st. croix's are nice rods too, premier and triumph for the price, good warranty

I picked up some "cabelas" spinning combos this spring... Absolutely love them....

I got the cabelas XML walleye series spinning rods with cabelas pro guide reels... They are sexy little combos...

The rods and reels were on sale at the time so I paid $125 per combo... But regular price puts the combo at $200...

But cabelas branded gear goes on sale pretty often....

I'm looking at getting some cabelas XML casting rods next time they go in sale....

I've never used a Cabelas rod before, but earlier this year I picked up two of their Fish Eagle 50 rods on sale for hacking around and for my kids to use. DAMN fine rods for the money!!

I got the two piece versions since I do so many fly in trips and these rods have already caught a ton of fish. Love them to death, would buy another in a heartbeat.