When do you have time to work Rich?

Quite honestly: time to fish is never the problem. I ignore every other aspect of life to do it, pretty damn near every day. And I mean any and all "normal" parts of life, lol... Not for me.

Not sure where you are headed but I've been around the top section of the lake around Goat Island. As long as you stay away from the shore you will be fine. Good fishing to be had, enjoy :) Check out MNR's Fish Online tool, they should have a general contour map of the lake.

Quite honestly: time to fish is never the problem. I ignore every other aspect of life to do it, pretty damn near every day. And I mean any and all "normal" parts of life, lol... Not for me.

I hear you. But it can get fairly old spooning with a tackle box. Hey wait a minute I sleep with my fishfinder. She snorkels while I fish and never fails to put me onto the fish. True story.

Heading to Peacock for jumbos in AM will report when home safely.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Not sure where you are headed but I've been around the top section of the lake around Goat Island. As long as you stay away from the shore you will be fine. Good fishing to be had, enjoy :) Check out MNR's Fish Online tool, they should have a general contour map of the lake.

I can see Goat Island from the deck lots of nice structure...fishing has been tough only 1 decent smallie boated. We have tried everything with litte success, doesn't help that my fishfinder won't turn on for some reason!!!

Trying again this evening.

I fished kushog last week for smallies myself and got about 10 smallies all about 1.5-2lbs not big at all and only made it from the southern end up to hwy 35 at the firehouse grill there was a fair amount of boat traffic too and I did lose one decent fish right at the marina but I did see a few smallies cruising the shoreline but they were spooky but the smaller ones were not !!!! So it was not very good for myself either !!!! Gonna try it in a month or so again when the lake is not as busy and the fish a little less spooky !!! Ya and there was people out tubing and water skiing at 7:30am !!!!!!!! And it's a narrow lake so I think it spooked the bass and they made about 15 passes in their wakeboard boat making 3ft waves !! Grrrrrrrrr