A nice day RELAXING on Lake O with Simon (pikeslayer)

misfish

We both have been trying to hook up,back and forth with pm,s.

Set the date,and finally got to meet a real gentleman..

There was nothing different in the way he came across on the net,and in person. Real cool dude.

He invited me down to do some RELAXING, salmon rigg,n. Arrive at 5ish,get the boat launched and we were off. . We had a bit of a task ahead of us first,,Dodging tree limbs and logs. What a mess.

Once we were at our destination,it was time to rig up. Steel line,with dipsys,spin docs and flys,riggers we went with spoons. Simon calls a time for the first fish to hit,I call another. I was bang on. 6:37.We had a good laugh about that one. Pump pump goes the rod. It,s a small shaker. A bit of time goes by and the rod tip looked to be bouncing,but it stopped. A few minutes later,we decided to change up spoons and lo and behold,there was a small shaker. I hate shakers.LOL

Looking through the stock pile of spoons,I see MONKEY PUKE. Thats the one I say. Get it hooked up and down it goes. Throw on a black/purple NK on the other rig.

Being it was out first time meeting,and many things to talk about,we were in to deep conversations. Talking about what it use to be like when the 4 sisters were around and the fishing then. Also about the credit up in his area,and the places that were my old stomping grounds and how much the areas have changed. Fish outings,and our golf game. I was having a great time . During all of this time,,Simon says did you see that? I look,and heres this fish leaping about 100 ft behind the boat. It was non stop. LMAO Simon says,we got one. LOL

Grab the rod,and this fish was non stop leaping right to the boat. It was a nice clean rainbow,,,,,,,,,,On the monkey puke.LOL

Spent the rest of the morning traveling in and out of 80-200 fow. The east wind had picked up and it was shut down time.The flies were nasty.

Some pics from today.

Heading out

003_zps4ca4466d.jpg

Flies

007_zpsdb9d28bc.jpg

The fish that danced for us.

005_zps04062965.jpg

And another great member from the board. Sir Simon.

009_zps3b3be5a2.jpg

Thank you for the invite Simon,thank you for the stories,thank you for the new friendship.

My turn next up here.

PS

Roti was awesome,and it took me 2 hours to get home.(Only took me 45 to get down there)LOL Bumper to bumper from the 427 off ramp,til I got to 88. :wallbash: I hate traffic. Thats why I moved up here. :worthy:

LMAO Brian. That dancing 'bow' was hilarious. I figure it would have made into the boat all by itself to join in our conversation.

It was a lean day on Lady O fish wise, the east winds started blowing as the morning was growing and the swells were reaching a meter or more (it's gonna get nasty tomorrow I think) but The Mistress managed well. At the end of the day, it wasn't all about the fishing. Likewise, I'm honored to call you friend Brian

Happy that Barb's Roti didn't disappoint and sorry to say that while you were battling traffic I was catching a few zzzzzz's.

Roy. Yes thank you, things are shaping up. Our Grandaughter Leah is in full remission and has a new (month old) sister, Kiera Grace. Sean is finally where he needs to be and receiving the appropriate care and extensive therapy. He is responding well, looking much better and seems to be engaged for the challenging road to recovery. We are very happy and grateful to WCB Alberta for approving the funding.

Albert. Stop with the rumours. See ya in a few weeks.

GREAT TO BE ON THE WATER AGAIN :) :)

Edited by pikeslayer

sorry to say that while you were battling traffic I was catching a few zzzzzz's.

If I had auto pilot,I could of done the same thing. Two mornings of 4 am and travel. Darn getting old is a be atch.LOL

Thanks again.