Returning/Exchanging a Broken Rod

Matt Janes

I bought a new pair of Compre's 2 weeks ago from Le Baron. Tonight I hit the lake and I go to set up one of the rods and as I'm pulling some line through the guides to tie a jig on the top 6 inches of the rod breaks off. Had the drag really loose too! Anyhow, just wondering if anyone has any experience exchanging a shimano rod with a lifetime warranty at Le Baron? Should they just swap it out for a new one as it has only been 2 weeks?

Thanks

Matt

I broke a rod on its first trip out a week after purchase. It was a fenwick not a shimano, but Lebaron replaced it in the store no problems! Good luck!

Thanks. I have the receipt and from what I have found online worst case scenario is I would have to ship it back to shimano and they would replace it. Depending on the retailer they may replace it over the counter. It's good to know that they replaced it in store at Le Baron's.

Shimano will take care of you. As long as the rod has not been "abused" warranty replacement should not be a problem. If they have lot's of stock they may do it over the counter but most of the time we send them back, if in stock in Peterborough you should see a new rod in under 3 weeks. Shipping should be under $15

Just wanted to update this thread. I went into Le Baron today and they replaced the rod. The manager asked what happened and then gave me a new top piece free of charge. I was really pleased after hearing so many negative things about Le Baron and their return/exchange policies. So far I have had nothing but positive experiences at their Ottawa location.

Matt