Would like to give a Kudos to Luremaking.com

Joey

As some of you know, I make my own musky lures, and recently posted a picture of some of the ones I made before our last trip to Lake Nipissing.

During my order, I was advised by Luremaking.com that they had a new stirrup clevis, called a Double Stirrup Clevis, or essentially, an S clevis. So when making a double cowgirl, instead of using 2 clevises and struggling to put the blades on, you just need the one now.

Here is a picture:

double-clevice.jpg

I thought this was brilliant and ordered up a batch, made the lures and it was easy peasy!!

Unfortunatley, these clevises did not hold up and broke in two places, in the middle, and at the end, and four size 10 and 12 blades are now at the bottom of Lake Nipissing.

Now, not only did that upset me, but I now still had 8 more musky lures made with these clevises on them :wallbash:

As soon as I got back from our trip, I contacted Luremaking.com and Steve was more than helpful. He asked if I could first send a picture of the broken clevises, then could I send both the lures back to him, at his cost, and he would get in touch with the manufacturer for me.

I just received a box of lure parts to set me up for awhile: 100 regular stirrup clevices, 25 wire forms, some replacement skirts, the beads and weights from the broken lures and a credit for the shipping to him.

I think that is fantastic customer service and just thought a shout out to them was in order.

I have no monetary interest in this company, just a happy customer here.

He even offered for me to send all the musky lures to him and they would take them apart and redo them for me. I declined that offer, but thought it was very generous on their part.

So thank you Steve :clapping::clapping:

That's great news Joey !! I have ordered worm harness making parts and beads and clevises from them for years !!! Oh ya and a wire making form as well and tons of paint and decals for all my salmon spoons and they are always great to deal with even if they are back ordered on parts !! I wish they still had their catalogue out tho now I think you can only get it online !!! Cheers and thanks for letting us know they are still doing great in the customer relations dept !!!!! Thanks

those s clevis' have been a big flop. decent idea but they don't hold up.

Have you had problems with them or know who has Raf? I'm sure Steve would be very interested to know as he said I was the first one he received a complaint from.

Edited by Joey

yes i've read on other sites people having issues with them, not necessarily the ones from luremaking.com just the new style in general. i tried one on a prototype and i did not like it, prefer how the two single clevis work.