Lake Ontario Salmon

Last year I bought a new boat and started to learn how to fish out on lake ontario for salmon. With some help from some awesome friends i was able to pick it up pretty quickly. This year has been shaping up to be one heck of a year with 2 fish pushing 30 pounds already. I can only hope this pattern continues throughout the derby and I can get my name on the board.

it is pretty awesome when you have a fish peel close to 500 feet of line. Lake Ontario has one hell of a fishery thats for sure.

here are the pictures.

0d70.jpg
io7z.jpg
mn2b.jpg
ger7.jpg
e2w3.jpg
vyfi.jpg
jcjk.jpg
hwsk.jpg
t3c2.jpg
rgqu.jpg
nvv4.jpg

hey bill, just noticed that. no reason really .hahahaa probably didnt realize it was up that high.

i havent been getting too many on my dipsy's. would that affect it?

You'd probably gain a few feet by bringing it down a little, but I can't see that being the reason why you haven't had it fire yet... When I'm out there I run a pretty standard SD+fly setup on both mine... Setting #3, as far as as it takes, lol. I still don't have confidence in them to be honest but it's fun fighting those giants on braid!

I run mine at that level and even a bit higher only to try and make them stand out a bit more from the other set ups (lead core, riggers) Kind of mid way between a rigger and a board. Shakers on the dipsey rod with +200 feet of line out can be hard to detect and i run 50-50 spoon to fly set ups on these rods. The higher rod gives a bit more sensitivity to something dragging - it's also one heck of a wake up call when a big one slams it

What size Dipsey are you running?

Nice work boys!

Our divers have been HOT! More fish on them than anything else. Almost always kings. Set them back over 200ft on a 3 setting and see what happens.

S.

been hearing from the charter guys about the abundance of baitfish this year. could lead to some 4olb+ fish this summer, can';t wait to hit these guys and gals in august/september

Would be nice to see some giants like we used to when I was growing up.. Top fish in the Salmon Hunt was always a low to mid 40lb fish!

nice fish sir just wondering where you are lanching from and how deep. I lanched out of grimsby and trolled around 120 feet and only got bows and a small king. we were using NK28 thinkin maybe i should switch to a SD