LM full of spawn

beagle dad

I like having seasons. As each approaches the excitement builds, I start getting bored with whacking the crap out of walleye, get the sticks ready and finally it's here.

You can't legislate morality so I don't get upset seeing losers fishing bass or walleye or anything out of season.

There are professionals to deal with these people and they do get more than you think.

If the CO lays a charge and that person just pays the fine nobody hears about it. Down on Bowmanville creek last fall 20k in fines were handed out. Just a few that go to court will be heard about.

I definetly underestimated when i said 1%... But what im trying to say is, not enough anglers keep them to affect the population. People who are hardcore anglers dont tend to keep them, because they would target other species for a fish-fry. Its the people that dont fish often that generally tend to keep bass for eating. Either way, not many of them wind up on the dinner table.

Fish being pulled off beds, then other fish like crappie, bluegill and sunfish swarming in and eating fry will have a greater effect on the population then someone filling a white bucket, let's be realistic here.

Let's not forget the growing seasons in the US are probably what, double of ours?

Edited by BillM

Fish being pulled off beds, then other fish like crappie, bluegill and sunfish swarming in and eating fry will have a greater effect on the population then someone filling a white bucket, let's be realistic here.

Let's not forget the growing seasons in the US are probably what, double of ours?

Lets not forget they are over-populated and it wouldnt hurt to take a few off their beds... Hence why the mnr opened up the season early in these over-populated areas.

Season opens here for bass tomorrow. Noticed 2 big bass boats with three in each boat pounding the smallies yesterday. by the sounds of them they were having a great time. I got out of my car and yelled to them that bass opens friday and they said they were fishing for Northerns and Picks. Spinnerbaits tubes abd senkos were the hot baits. Gotta get the poacher # on my phone. These idiots give us bassboat owners a bad name.

Lets not forget they are over-populated and it wouldnt hurt to take a few off their beds... Hence why the mnr opened up the season early in these over-populated areas.

Since when was bass ever considered overpopulated in FMZ17?

Unfortunately there isnt too much you can do against idiots like that... Even if the mnr showed up, i dont think they could do anything unless they were possesing the bass. I go pike fishing often, and my fav. Lures to use are swimbaits, spinnerbaits and crankbaits. Catch a ton of pike with them alongside of bass. Cant a void it without sacraficing pike action.

Since u get one every cast on any lure you pull out of your tackle box. Im sure you could tie a dog turd on a line with no hook and go to scugog and catch a bunch... If thats not overpopulated then what is?

Ah ok, so it's your opinion... That's what I thought.

Since u get one every cast on any lure you pull out of your tackle box. Im sure you could tie a dog turd on a line with no hook and go to scugog and catch a bunch... If thats not overpopulated then what is?

I'm not familiar with the bog, but things sure aren't like that where I'm bass fishing

Also spawning bass/beds are normally harder to catch, so in general it won't be easy for anyone to catch them. Hence why the it's fine in most states to have it open year round.

NY - Has a no live bait rule until June to late fall for bass. Other than that you can catch bass with artificial lures.

As for the question who else has late spawns - Maine, Minnesota, Michigan, New Hampshire..most of the north east corridor. I haven't checked their regs bust most are open to C&R during spawn season and nothing kept until after a May/June.