Looking for a lodge for fishing

jedimaster

Hey guys, I am looking for a place to take my GF fishing. She wants to do some Pike and walleye fishing. I am willing to drive about 10 hours from Toronto. Looking to leave Thursday and come back Monday night. Can anyone recommend me a place for trophy Northern's? This is a little mini vacation for us. We are looking to go for the long weekend.

Was thinking about the something on the French, seems like a few lodges there. I have a 16' lund but I don't mind renting one as well if the rates are good.

Anyone been to Chaudière Lodge? If you want to pm me info about this place or another place please do.

Lady Lake Evelyn may have the best walleye bite in eastern Ontario, and good pike as well. I would suggest contacting Ellen Island Lodge if you want to make your own meals or or Red Pine Wilderness Lodge if you want meals provided. Both are known for outstanding hospitality. Either Lodge picks you up at Mowat's Landing in a large pontoon or boat, you travel a very short distance down the Montreal River, to where they portage into Lady Lake Evelyn River. From there it's up river to the lake.

Might be some nice places on Georgian Bay, but not sure how good the trophy pike fishing would be when you want to go. Your biggest problem is being able to get a weekend at that time. Might consider going the private cottage route instead.

For places in Quebec, this site is a nice one to do some research on outfitters.

Chaudiere is an excellent choice. Not sure you'll get any 'trophy' Northerns but the fishing ain't bad on the Upper French. Steve is a great host and the Lodge and Cabins are very nice. Beautiful water too! Expensive but you'll be completely catered to!

I also highly recoment Totem Point Lodge on the Wolseley Bay section of the French. The food they cook is awesome!

Well, there's trophy pike anywhere there's pike so I'd say pick a lodge then pick bigger lures than what everyone else is using. Lol

Well I have been fishing Nipissing for 55 years now... and have fished some great lakes... miles up north... (2-3 hour fly-in)... and have never caught a 48-inch pike...

I know they are out there... but they do not show often.

How many have you caught?

You might consider training on VIA Rail out of Sudbury to some of the remote lakes and lodges available without having to do all the driving. I would recommend Mar Mac Lodge on Esnagi Lake, this lake is 27 miles long and has no road access and has some of the best Pike and Walleye fishing in Ontario. This lodge was featured this last weekend on the show Canadian Sportfishing. The boats are 18 foot cedar strips with 20 horse 4 strokes, you can also walk to another lake for trophy Brook Trout.

:good:

You might consider training on VIA Rail out of Sudbury to some of the remote lakes and lodges available without having to do all the driving. I would recommend Mar Mac Lodge on Esnagi Lake, this lake is 27 miles long and has no road access and has some of the best Pike and Walleye fishing in Ontario. This lodge was featured this last weekend on the show Canadian Sportfishing. The boats are 18 foot cedar strips with 20 horse 4 strokes, you can also walk to another lake for trophy Brook Trout.