Horny toad advice

snagged

Which horny toad frogs are u guys using. I bought a pack of triggerX frogs and although the quality is good, they preformed horribly. They don't swim straight and constantly twist and turn (roll upsidedown). I read similar reviews so I know I'm not alone. Lets hear some recommendations.

Thx

Have you tried rigging them on a weighted swimbait hook? They should swim right side up that way, at least.

That would fix the right side up issue but the action on the legs is another story. Feels more like ur dragging the frog vs swimming it. I've heard good things about the zoom, I'll definitely give them a try this year. Any other suggestions?

I use Stanley ribbit's. they work pretty good weightless but I usually use a swim bait weighted hook as well.

I read a review on tackletour a few years ago about the sizemic toads and they seem to be pretty nice. I was going to buy these instead but the Stanley's are the only ones my tackle shop carried. On the plus side, the ribbit's just plain work.

Edited by Lape0019

They don't swim straight and constantly twist and turn (roll upsidedown). I read similar reviews so I know I'm not alone.

When you rig these soft plastic frogs "weightless" you have to make sure the hook point is dead center. This will ensure that they run straight. I like the Gambler Cane Toad.

Ribbits are the bomb. They even have a special twin hook weighted and unweighted to make sure they work correctly.

Art

Shhh, Stanley doesn't make hooks :P In all seriousness use good braid, a double hook and your set. I like the Mann's Hard Nose Frog's myself when doing the boring cast and crank...Slop frog's is where it's at.

I Really like the zoom product, I use the hook with the attachment where you can either screw on your bait or the one I prefer is the one you can push the head of the bait up. I fish it weightless and love it. However nothing is as good as real frogs. awwww to remember the good ol' days " i'll take 5 dozen "

Garry2r's posted an in-depth tutorial for this a year or two ago on this forum. If you find it, read it and you will have a great time fishing it.

I've had good luck with the Sizmic toads, and at their price it's wonderful.

Edited by EC1