The Waiting Begins

Well last week I finally decided it was time to re-power the old boat.

There's nothing wrong with the 1991 Merc 90hp 2 stroke on the boat other than the fact it's temperamental in the cold and it guzzles gas. ;)

I tried to buy a new motor here in town but their prices are too high and they won't deal at all. I ended up searching the net for Canadian Merc dealers that would actually deal.

I ended up talking with Bridgeview Marine in Delta BC (one of their 3 locations) and got pricing on a new 2013 Merc 115hp 4 stroke, new controls and Mercmonitor eco gauge setup. Including shipping and taxes it's about $3K less than if I purchased here in town. <_<

So I will be saying goodbye to the trusty old 2 smoke.

P6070002.jpg

And will be saying hello to my new fuel injected 115 four stroke gas mizer!!! :D

FourStroke115EFI.jpg

New controls

controls_side_mount.jpg

And new high tech gauge/monitor system

gauges_mercmonitor.jpg

The waiting is going to kill me!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Hopefully it arrives before the ice goes out. ;)

Nice Bill!!!

I just added the co-pilot to my TM.

I'm planning on replacing my old Lowrance LMS-350 with one of these when I sell my old motor. :D

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Products/Fishfinder-Chartplotter/HDS12-Gen2-Touch-en-us.aspx

Touch-12_screenl_lg.jpg

Probably the biggest advantage offered by the Gen 2 HDS units is the ability to make your own depth maps.

The only mapping available for my lakes are on C-map and only for Great Slave. And they aren't very detailed.

This will give me the ability to map any of the lakes I can get my boat on and have them as detailed as one foot increments and 3D.

https://insightstore.navico.com/insightgenesis

Right on, I'm still hoping I can make it up there in July to see how it runs myself.

Ironically I just came back from water testing our boat with the brand spankin' new 90 e-tec on it. Runs like a dream, the guy from the marina was right, no trim tabs were needed.

Nice additions guys.

Dave that merc will serve you well. Can almost feel yer pain on waiting.

Mike Im sure you will love the e-tec. I have heard and read, great reviews.

Bill,IMO,I like the foot pedal over the remote. Just a personal thing.

Enjoy yer new toys boys.

Nice additions guys.

Enjoy yer new toys boys.

:D

Ironically I just came back from water testing our boat with the brand spankin' new 90 e-tec on it. Runs like a dream, the guy from the marina was right, no trim tabs were needed.

Wicked Mike! Problem solved for good now. And "maybe" you'll get up north to rip up some lake with it.

Great new addition Dave. My bet is that old Merc owes you nothing at all, but the new one will give back plenty in the end.

Nice additions guys.

Enjoy yer new toys boys.

I played with the I-Pilot link lastnight while out for some crappies with the oldman. It's killer... Spot lock feature is so nice.. Just sit back and enjoy and let the motor do all the work, lol! Found some slabs lastnight, spawning has been over for a while. Found them in 13-16ft of water.

hey bill are you sure youll be able to link the ipilot to your maps??.....was just at bass pro and the guy was saying that only US based maps will be compatible at this time.....

gotta love toys!!!

The only thing I can't do is 'Follow the contour' because the LakeMaster chips don't have any Canadian coverage. Everything else works fine (spot lock, follow a track, go to waypoint etc etc)

Edited by BillM