Thanks to the fella at Gagnon's in Oshawa

pidge

Just giving some credit where I think credit is due. All to often we hear about the crappy service and hardly about the great service others receive. Last Thursday or maybe Wedenday I got a chance to head over to Gagnons in Oshawa for the first time. Now, I;ve driven past this place a hundred times and always looked at it, but never went in. As I entered the lady behind the counter introduces the store and I proceed to tell her I've never poped on in yada yada yada. Great first impression as she says go on and have a look around. I grab my usual bag of black mr. twisters and a few other items. Trout season was this coming Saturday and Ive got zero experience with river fishing. I proceed to ask a fella that was putting items away on the shelf could you help me with a trout set up and he took the time to set me up with my first slip float and roe setup. Well Im glad I asked cause I caught my first rainbow in about 20 years. Just wana give props to the staff at Gagnons in Oshawa. They helped me out and at no time did they make me feel like I was bothering them with probably the simplest of questions I was asking. Hats off to them. Greg, aka Pidge.

great folks at that store... i've missed out on sales unknowingly by a matter of a couple of days and had sales prices applied after the fact. the guys (and gals) are very social. any time i'm about to broaden my fishing horizon, they act exactly how you describe -- give me some pointers, feel out my pricepoint, and suggest some lures from firsthand experience in the waters i'm about to fish.

The only con I have in going there is that I end up spending too long shooting the breeze with them! :clapping:

I have never been to the store as I live in Barrie, it's a little too far of a drive for a few fishing items. That being said, I have spent a fair amount of money there. I call them tell them what I'm after they help by making suggestions and then mail it up. Never an order messed up, never any damage, everything as you would expect. They set me up with a Shimano Talora rod (i had a reel), Spin doctor and fly combo which I caught my largest (to date) salmon on, a 23lb King.

I am very impressed with the quality of service and knowledge from the staff. Kudos!!

I go to gagnons for all my needs. even though sail is right beside them with a larger selection, gagnons knows how to treat their customers and keep them happy. Ive even returned items after warranty expired and they still did exchange or credit. Also i would much rather support a small local business thats been around much longer then sail. Their pricing is even better on majority of items i have bought.

i used to get terrible service there, when SAIL opened up i thought no way im going back to gagnons.

i have to say i have purchased wayyyy more from gagnons than sail since they opened up and the customer service has been amazing! not sure if it was just coincidence or they picked up there game because the big player moved into town. i always go there now first to see if they have what i need and then go from there if i cant get what i want.

its too bad st croix wont sell them rods anymore, they used to have the best deal around for legends.

Some of their prices are pretty good too.

I bought another musky rod from them a year ago and it was around $60 cheaper than the SAIL store just across the hiway.

from what i hear its because gagnons sold them much cheaper than SAIL that st croix will not allow them to sell there rods anymore

from what i hear its because gagnons sold them much cheaper than SAIL that st croix will not allow them to sell there rods anymore

What a crock that is if it's true.

It was a Legend Tournament that I got from Gagnons too, maybe for my next rod I'll go back to Shimano.

Edited by lew

One good turn deserves another. Went back today after a quicky job in Oshawa. Picked up my buddy a slip float after he seen how neat they are. Thanks again Gagnon's. Blizzard: no pics...i know i know. Left the camera phone on shore. I was to affraid of droping it in the drink. Next time hopefully.