I,ll still cheer him on

misfish

Not a fan of Dale Jr. Dale Sr. was a driver. Jr wouldn't get a job at Canadian tire jockeing cars around. Peace

l have watched Nascar since the 70's and cheered for the Wood Brothers and Gordan since his rooky year after Kyle Petti l refuse to cheer for thier kids.

Edited by bowshep

Focus! He is focused on the business aspect and not the driving aspect. TOO much personal business for him at DEI. I think he is making a fantastic move.

KNOTACLUE hit the nail on the head with the #3 car for sure. I hope it all works out in the end.

Easton

Focus! He is focused on the business aspect and not the driving aspect. TOO much personal business for him at DEI. I think he is making a fantastic move.

KNOTACLUE hit the nail on the head with the #3 car for sure. I hope it all works out in the end.

Easton

I think you hit the nail right on the head. I remember I while a ago I heard that Dale Earnheardt Incorporated is worth over $1.5 BILLION dollars and I'm sure that's climbing.

DEI makes alot of money, but without JR, they'll be lucky to survive. I think JR needs to be his own owner/driver. His sales are more than all other NASCAR drivers combined. I guess I'll have to get a new wardrobe in 2008. LOL

I'd love to see Jr. hook up with Rouch. Maybe HE could make the Fords go fast. (lol)

If Mark Martin left Rouch and went to a Chevy and is kicking ass I really doubt that JR could leave a Chevy(a very good one)and make a Ford go fast.I like Jr but I dont think he is that talented.

Joe

I made up a fake news report for my apprentice who is an avid Jr fan. It reads Jr is going to Hendrick to partner up with Gordon(He hates Gordon) Also Kyle Busch is moving to DEI to drive the #8 Budweiser car. I added to it that a Canadian brewer is going to sponsor Jr (Labatts Blue-he doesn't like Blue). It looks pretty real, I think its gonna work for a good laugh.

I made up a fake news report for my apprentice who is an avid Jr fan. It reads Jr is going to Hendrick to partner up with Gordon(He hates Gordon) Also Kyle Busch is moving to DEI to drive the #8 Budweiser car. I added to it that a Canadian brewer is going to sponsor Jr (Labatts Blue-he doesn't like Blue). It looks pretty real, I think its gonna work for a good laugh.

Thats good stuff,Bernie!A Blue number three would be OK with me!

Joe

Jr. is a decent guy, but he'd better get his butt in gear if he ever wants to prove that he's nothing more than a mediocre driver. Mind you that silver spoon will carry him for as far as he wants to go. I have nothing against the kid but he's far from the God of Nascar that his fans portray him to be. It's all about winning and being on top and he isn't even close right now, nor has he ever been. He's not getting any younger either. He's got a lot to prove in a rather short time if he's going to be the anywhere close to the top of the field. This move could either make or break him IMHO.

Good points Dan, I agree. There are better drivers on the circuit than Jr. Jimmie J has developed into one of the best at this point. Yes he has a good team to back him but he seems to be able to avoid getting into trouble and gets to the front when it counts. Jeff Gordon seems to have a resurgence since getting hooked up with his new sweetie pie. Tony Stewart probably is the best talented one of all but his temper seems to get the best of him too often.

i was and always will be a dale sr. fan, but i am a jr. fan as well. i think it is a good move for him to get away from dei, and yes dei will make it ok, but only because of dale sr. dei is making so much money off of sr. still to this day. will they be competitive i dont think so. i like truex, but if jr forms his own team i think truex will go with him as well. if jr does go and probably should in my opinion with an established team childress would be a good fit. i however would like to see him at gibbs with tony and denny hamlin which are pretty good buddies with jr. it would be awesome to see the 3 car back on the track, and jr is the only one that could and should pull it off, anybody else would be a sin.

jason

Edited by oxcowboy

I have nothing against the kid but he's far from the God of Nascar that his fans portray him to be. It's all about winning and being on top and he isn't even close right now, nor has he ever been.

Dan ya got to be a redneck to understand. :whistling::whistling: LOL

Finishing first as we all know in NASCAR, :clapping: is not always the best way to get to be first over all.

I have to agree though he has not shown anything since his pop passed on. None of us know what goes on behind the doors of DEI,but Im sure like you said,the silver spoon boy,probly wanted the golden one and it aint happening.

Also since the passing of Sr,his car and crew went down hill,this to me was because he wasnt treating his crew right. Daddy was incharge and knew how to treat his fello man.

Let's put this matter into perspective. Dale Jr and his sister Kelley are entitled toa fair share of DEI. Step mother Theresa, did not want to be part with the majority (51%) of the company. DEI is not spending money on their shop, and new technology to run with the bigger teams, therefore, #8 is only running in the middle of the pack.

Jr. as he has stated in yesterday's press conference, wants to concentrate on racing and winning the cup. By going with RCR (his preference) this will become a reality. Read it all at http://www.nascar.com/

John