Little creek big on Browns

Mike Pike

The morning started with a hours drive from my home town to a small Erie trib to hook up with a buddy for resident Browns.

The first thing we noticed when arriving on the stream was that nothing was the way it was last year. High water had rearranged everything, including the fish.

Pitching a worm and split shot into my usual drifts didn't produce so I starting hiking. Switching up to a silver Mepp #2 Aglia tipped with a bit of worm was the ticket and I finally connected with this nice little foot long.

Copy of Brown1.jpg

My buddy, meanwhile, had connected with a few Browns by presenting his worm and split shot into some calm water at the tail end of a run. WTG Dave.

I continued with my spinner/worn combo and caught one of my best resident Browns ever. This nice 16-incher slammed my spinner while I was perched on a steep bank high above. Having to make my way( slipping and sliding )down ther bank, I fought its attempts to wrap me around the creek's numerous snags and got him into the net for a photo for you guys and then the release.

Copy of Brown2.jpg.

I hope everyone enjoyed their opener as much as I did.

Beauties Mike. Some larger pictures next time would be nice though.

Dan, I'm still struggling a bit trying to figure out how to make my pics bigger. Various programs I use to reduce the file size also reduce the actual size. I know it can be done 'cuz I see so many nice big pics on the board.

And thanks for all the comments Guys!

Dan, I'm still struggling a bit trying to figure out how to make my pics bigger. Various programs I use to reduce the file size also reduce the actual size. I know it can be done 'cuz I see so many nice big pics on the board.

And thanks for all the comments Guys!

Hey dude,

you wouldn't happen to be on a Mac would you? I'm just wondering because that's the only way I can help you out with the photo sizes...

Hey dude,

you wouldn't happen to be on a Mac would you? I'm just wondering because that's the only way I can help you out with the photo sizes...

Thanks for that Urban, but I gotta PC. Tried with Windows picture manager and various other things, each of which shrink my picture size when reducing the file size. Dohhh!

Just open a photobucket account. It's free and easy.

I've got one Roy but the picture file size remains the same when I transfere from Photobucket onto the our message board.

I USED to right click the pic on Photobucket and go to 'properties' and copy and past the 'address' but that doesn't seem to work now.