so how many lines in lake o

ecmilley

thought it was 2, but watching charlie ray out of st.catherines using 4 lines in the water, while he was mentioning how tough it was to be by himself handling 4 rods, guess the camersmans two were in use for the show, hope he got to fight a couple fish

ya its crazy specially if you hook a 30lb king on 300feet of copper,or out 10colors !!!!! with a crosswind,and the waves rolling in off the bar !!!! lol...

what about a 600' copper and 450' divers thats what I'm talking about

Don't know all the exception but in parts of Lake Huron, 2 lines are allowed while trolling. In parts of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario the regs say 2 lines from a boat in open water. Someone looking to fish those areas may want to double check for themselves and/or check with the MNR.

I thought it was 2 lines per angler trolling only, not still fishing, drifting. Am I wrong? I need to look at regs closer.

2 lines from a boat in open water in zone 20 for Lake O.. You don't have to be trolling.

Interesting. How far from shore would you need to be to be considered in open water though?

Like if I was to say, troll 2 lines from a canoe just off shore.. would that be allowed?

Sure, why not? As long as you are fishing from a boat you're golden.

Still can only use one line when fishing from shore/pier etc.

Edited by BillM

Yep as long as you're in a boat, you can be sitting right next to the dock and run two lines. Sure comes in handy for perch fishing having that extra rod sometimes!

I was thinking this year in dover i will bring my inflatable for the perch derby, that way I can run a catfish line off one side of the boat all day while I'm slamming perch on the other one!

Just pay attention to exceptions because the inner bay of long point bay and other great lakes bays are excepted from the rule.

I guess it will be up to the CO what he determines 'open water'. But yeah, as long as you aren't attached to the dock in any way, I don't see the issue. Nothing says you need to be a certain distance from shore.

Interesting. How far from shore would you need to be to be considered in open water though?

Like if I was to say, troll 2 lines from a canoe just off shore.. would that be allowed?

Lol you're jonsing eh? Bro lakeside 2 lines. You could anchor 1 foot infront of Me and as long as you're not touching shore, you could run 2 lines...awesome eh? But ya it doesn't apply to frenchmans bay itself etc