Rivet replacement in West GTA?

icefisherman

OK Sorry...rivet of course...can't edit the title now...

This particular one is a tough one...had a marine shop replacing it twice already this will be a third time. I can take it there again...but ...first it is too far from me and second I'd like to try someone else and hope for better result....So I'd rather have an expert do it...and yes it has access from both sides....but for some reason doesn't stay in place for more than an year.

So anyone on the West side?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

"Doesn't stay there"... where is this rivet located Emil?? Something's not right if it keeps disappearing....

Is it being sheared off on a trailer bunk? or what's the real story?

Wayne,

the rivet is the highest of the three located vertically against the left console....for some reason the bottom two hold perfect but this third/highest one is giving me problems every year. Like I said it was already replaced twice (last year and the year before) and I need to do it again as it is moving when I push it with my finger. The rivet is in its place right now but moving.....It is not touching anything on the outside and I think it is The same on the inside.

Hope this gives a better idea.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Get me a picture so I can see what's around it. Parts are moving and this rivet is being sacrificed. Making it stronger may not be a good thing.. or may solve things. I won't be back on line 'till late tomorrow night or Tuesday am, at St. Mike's all day tomorrow.

Wayne,

Appreciate your interest as I know you are an expert in those things.

Here is a picture taken before last years replacement...

IMG_0614_zps94b47430.jpg

and here is one I just took now...not very good uality as it is dark in the garage and did it with the cell

20130407_225633_zps0aafe125.jpg

Sorry I said earlier it is the highest one of the three....it is actually the lowest of the three...my mistake...

I'll do a better picture tomorrow and post it...and will try to take one from under the left console....it'll be tough to do a good picture there though as it'll has almost no light....will try anyways...

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Get me an interior picture when you can Emil.. some thing is shaking the crap out of the boat when you are either trailering or motoring on the water. I can't really tell where this rivet is with the pics you have supplied. Might be as simple as adding a couple more rivets... or maybe not!

Edited by irishfield

Okay.. I understand it all now. Console is shaking side to side... that angle piece is just working like a pry bar and "stretching" the rivet until the head gives out. When do you want to drive it up to Penetang??

Let me see what that is first :D

hahaha seriously....this is why I love all the Irish guys... straight to the point ;-)

I think it might be easier if I pay you to come this way :good:

Jokes aside...I do need to fix it ASAP as .....well....see you PM's ;-))) :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I was in the city today Emil... not going back anytime soon. Tired of getting hit from behind down there.. they seem to hate my trucks. Need a new bumper on my F150 after todays at Dundas / Brock.. and 3 sore necks. Not a great thing after LEAVING the Neurosurgeon with Jen...

Penetang... ie Penetanguishene / MIdland... 85 minutes from Bass Pro to put it in perspective for you!

Can't believe the guy you've had fix it twice couldn't put two and two together seeing the boat in person!

Edited by irishfield

Is it below the water line?

Haven't checked while in water but pretty sure it is...

I just wanted fixed for good once and forever as I got tired of this particular rivet....so even a case or two of Guinness is small price to pay to get Wayne close to the boat ;-)lol

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I was in the city today Emil... not going back anytime soon. Tired of getting hit from behind down there.. they seem to hate my trucks. Need a new bumper on my F150 after todays at Dundas / Brock.. and 3 sore necks. Not a great thing after LEAVING the Neurosurgeon with Jen...

Penetang... ie Penetanguishene / MIdland... 85 minutes from Bass Pro to put it in perspective for you!

Can't believe the guy you've had fix it twice couldn't put two and two together seeing the boat in person!

Yeah I read your post about coming to the city today last night but missed by few minutes....hmmmm...how can we do this.....over 2 hrs from home....same distance from me to the place that tried and couldn't fix it permanently twice....

When are you available?

Even better question....how about meeting at the spot you just saw in your PM? LOL

Still 2 hrs for me but we can use the time better that way if you knwo what I mean ha ha

Can we fix it on the parking lot and do immediate real life testing ;-)

Cheers,

Emil

Edited by icefisherman

Would love too Emil.. but have no spare time in the "happy season" while I try to get everyone's float planes ready for ice out and ourselves to the lake for Mothers Day.

Air compressor is here...tools are here... rivet stock is here.. aluminum stock is here as it needs to be modified IMHO to stop this from happening again. A few others on here that should know what to do with it that might do a "drive by" for you, but if you want me to do it I need the boat in the yard. I'm here all week 'till Sunday. Gone Monday/Tuesday the 15/16th and back late on the 17th.

Please send me again your number on the PM as I had it but am not sure where it is.

Will call you ....no much choice but to try this weekend...maybe Saturday....can't look at the boat when it's like that....

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Don't play around.. Wayne has offered to fix it right .. could not refuse this offer... GETTER DONE SON

Don't play around.. Wayne has offered to fix it right .. could not refuse this offer... GETTER DONE SON

Agreed, well worth the drive.. Op would be silly not to pull that boat up to Penetang and get it fixed correctly.