Ever watch Adventures North TV Show?

Rod Caster

I've only seen the fishing episodes though you can probably bet there are probably some goose hunting episodes. Question is, will Global Tv broadcast them. Wouldn't want to offend people's sensibilities about harvesting geese for sport. It sure beats that "Fishful Thinking" which now has so many commercials that I no longer watch it.

I've only seen the fishing episodes though you can probably bet there are probably some goose hunting episodes. Question is, will Global Tv broadcast them. Wouldn't want to offend people's sensibilities about harvesting geese for sport. It sure beats that "Fishful Thinking" which now has so many commercials that I no longer watch it.

Ya, I thought Global was cutting out all the outdoor shows... wonder if that is for next season?

I have a hard time sitting down and watching a full episode when guys are selling you motor oil or a million other things...this show is refreshing and very Canadian.

Steve has a lot of cool sites that he highlights in the show. One of the longest running outdoor shows right now. I get the opportunity to compare notes on arctic travel with him every so often...always a blast. Keep an eye out for some of the new shows, they are also on WildTv....might even see me uglying up the place.

Think that might have been one of the Great Slave Lake episodes I saw Dave. It was one episode that Gary Roach was jiggin' up lakers on one of his Berkeley Lightning Sig Series Rods. The reel he had on the rod was a green Abu Cardinal spinning reel with a rear drag and 8lb mono. He caught a 22 and 28lb'er I believe they were, on the set-up. I loved that because I had the same set-up, still do, and it has caught it's fair share of fish over the years.

I think Adventures North is heavily tied to Tourism Quebec... and for that reason you often get to see some great places in Ungava region too.