If I am not seeing them! who is!

chessy

The mnr has lost the battle with enforcement They have left the waters to every person who does not care about the fishery and when you call and complain you are told "why do you care" or it is "none of your business" I have not seen a warden on the river system I fish at all. The blatant disregards for the law would fill a ticket book in one day and help pay for the officers pay . any one else seeing this or is it only on the river i fish

I fish in Muskoka (hardwater) and have been checked almost 50% of the time I have been out there .. maybe I am just on the 'route' but I am not seeing this .... having said that, my favourite eastern trib which I have fished for over 40 years ... never once seen em ... but trust me we 'the people' do our own policing ... and more than a few would-be offenders have wandered sheepishly away seeing me saunter in their direction with my brushcut and green cap :)

:)

I must say they are few and far between out here on eastern basin of Erie, I agree there. Saw 3 youngsters on a brand spankin new vessel sporting twin 200 Mercs 2 years ago at the Hydro station at Nanticoke. prior to that was exactly the same spot in 1990. That's it around here. Some of the things you quote them as saying I find hard to believe, have always found them to be professional, respectful and have had occasion to speak to them on the phone reporting ridiculous actions of a few nimnods and have always been taken seriously without attitude. As I said if what you report is accurate those statements by a Ministry of Natural Resources employee would be considered to be worthy of disciplinary action. I don't know what a DFO rep is. Another reason I'm not a fan of acronyms.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Theres never been any enforcement on the Ganny, which im assuming your refering to Chessy, unfortunately we have had 2 Kens's in the past 30 years, Ken number one before he retired was more concerned with the smaller more vulnerable tribs which was fine and he had a point, as the rivers at that time 80s were loaded with steelhead, Ken number two is non-existent, and is rarer then 2 suns in the sunset, just wait till we receive Ken number 3, if you think its bad now. :whistling:

Kemper believe me I just don't whine here lol I would love to see the stats on tips call ins how many for walley and how many for trout and see what is respons time . I know for a fact I called and got all the info of over limit fish for salmon this guy was acting fish every day and one day kept over his limit I called and co called me back 5 days later I still had all his info and pictures as well was told by co the guy is from Kingston and it is not worth my time to presume the charge . I said ok but this guy is killing at least 5 fish aday just have a local co stop by "nope " we are to busy . So I posted the guys picture on line . Hopefully some one would recognize him and embarrasse him some more

ive called before to report littering in and around the water, and wasting of caught fish.

i guess an MNR officer wasnt available, because a police officer showed up who didnt even get out of the car. i explained what happened to him, he did nothing.

half the people scattered though when he pulled up, fishing without a license i assume

Kemper believe me I just don't whine here lol I would love to see the stats on tips call ins how many for walley and how many for trout and see what is respons time . I know for a fact I called and got all the info of over limit fish for salmon this guy was acting fish every day and one day kept over his limit I called and co called me back 5 days later I still had all his info and pictures as well was told by co the guy is from Kingston and it is not worth my time to presume the charge . I said ok but this guy is killing at least 5 fish aday just have a local co stop by "nope " we are to busy . So I posted the guys picture on line . Hopefully some one would recognize him and embarrasse him some more

I guess I meant on a higher level Chessy. I tend to ridicule folks who are breaking the rules too...some leave sheepishly and some get confrontational, and I've never met a trout that's worth a fist fight.