Canadian Tire Battery Chargers

captpierre

CT has 2 chargers on sale 50% off. Both Eliminator brand.

6/4/2A Intelligent Charger($30) and a 25/12/4A Intelligent Charger with 75A engine start and battery desulfation($60)

Thinking of getting the latter as a charger and booster for a dead battery

Are these any good? Worth buying?

peter

Edited by captpierre

I've had very poor luck with Can Tire chargers. In fact, I cooked 2 very good deep cycle batteries with one recently. Never again will I buy anything from Can Tire that requires it to be plugged in. I now own a couple of CTEK chargers and these work quite well.

I recently purchased a "battery tender plus". 75.00. They are a slow trickle charge that also maintains your battery after being fully charged. They will not over charge your baterry. Works very well. Plug it in & walk away. Unplug it in 4 days if you wish. Your battery will not be damaged.

I have 2 top of the line chargers from Canadian tire and have had a few of them over the years and have never had a problem with any of them I have acid ally worn a few out from just being used 100"s I times and they have payed for themselves for sure the new one I got 2 years ago had many options and de-sulfates the battery and does many different things !!!!! So I will continue to buy them no problems !!!!! Just sayin

the issue with canadian tire chargers is the new "smart" digital ones. i still use two of the old ones with the simple four button, and the analog display..work like a charm. i went to buy a backup, it was an intellicharge digital one...cooked my battery. have to take a close look at which one your buying.

i use the one shown here. one in black, one in blue. (not my photo)

nautilus-battery-charger_3259815.jpg

Edited by Steve