Vinyl carpeting

Angler management

Hey guys, i have a project boat i picked up last year(2000 legend v-170 scorpion 90 merc elpto). The boat is currently in shop getting a motor rebuild and when i get it back, the interior is getting gutted to customize compartments and extend rear casting platform. I have been debating going with vinyl upholstery instead of carpet, but im skeptical with it because i have never worked with it before and its pretty pricey. Any input or ideas would be much appreciated... Thanx guys!

I would go with the vinyl if I were you. Carpet is nice but I hate cleaning it and drying it out after fishing in the rain. I did my 19ft bassboat with new carpet a couple of yrs ago and it was a big job. I think I put in 50 to 60 hrs labour on that one. How much is the vinyl? I think my carpet cost me a couple hundred for my boat. Oh yeah I haven't worked with the vinyl either.

IMO carpet and vinyl would pretty much be the same install process. the vinyl would have the possibilty to wrinkle in the install but with some care and a roller you can do it, i bet no problem at all. I am assuming you are talking a glue down vinyl that is typically used in a boat (something with a bit of texture) Most house vinyl would probablly be danger slippery when wet?

Edited by mcdougy

I've got the vinyl in one of my boats, it's great, the only thing is when it gets hot out in the sun, the vinyl gets soft and will puncture easier with anything that maybe sharp, Like a stone caught in your shoe or what ever. In the cold it can get slippery with snow or water on the floor. Just a heads up. Other than that, it's easy to clean with a little Spray-Nine, brush and hose out.