Hey Rod Caster... did you get a call..

irishfield

To think... an airplane kinda sank there a couple years back and it was a declared an emergency... water intake shut down ( that is 30 feet down and AV Gas floats).. absorb booms, you name it at extreme expense. Dunk a diesel filled hoe... not a sign of any thing to soak things up. Hope the municipality is holding a large retainer....

Not sure how it turned out. Definitely ran out of lift at that point. I know the ground the excavator is parked on is not flat.. and you can see it's not far off nosing in. Cable is attached to something... but won't do anything if it rolls right.

Edited by irishfield

Whoa. Who did it and call MOE-SAC, they will tighten some screws.1800-286-6060. The squeeky wheel will get the grease.

At minimum they should have had tons of absorbants at hand, a marine curtain and a vac truck on site, especially if there was any pure diesel leaking out. Ministry of Labour might be interested in that one too.

I am associated in no way with this one! haha.

I'm driving up that way tomorrow morning for another fuel spill, I think I'll be taking a gander at this one.

Story is....they drilled holes the day before to check the thickness and determined it was safe for the backhoe. With the weight of the backhoe the water came up through the drilled holes and made the ice heavy causing the backhoe to sink through.

Edited by Nipfisher