Sabres vs Senators (NF)

RobHall

Neither team has a chance at the cup so it dosen't matter.

lets go red wings!!!

The Sens had "Roasted Penquin" in the 1st round, but that didnt fill them up. In the 2nd round, still hungry they devoured a huge serving of "Deviled Eggs", but that didnt fill them up either. In the 3rd round they will dine on "Buffalo Wings", but of course that won't fill them up either. In the Cup Final....the Sens will fill up on "Roasted Duck" and then and only then, will the Sens feel they have had enough to eat.

When you are really hungry....nothing will get in your way. ;)

As far as the Red Wings go....Their wings will be clipped by the Ducks, as they go down in 6.

FOTB

:Gonefishing:

Everyone keeps talking about how Buffalo hasn't brought there "A" game yet ? What kinda motivation do you need to bring your "A" game.If you don't have it by the third round of the playoffs IT AIN'T COMING !!!! Alfredsson is playing like a man possesed and as far as the physical aspect goes there is not a more physical team left in the playoffs .It has nothing to do with Buffalo bringing their "A" it has to do with the fact that Ottawa is dominating and playing like a team.They are playing 60 mins of hockey every night(close to it at least) and Emery is making the big stops when he has to. He just beat the best goalie in hockey and Brodeur wish him luck and said the last time somebody beat him in the playoffs they went on to win the stanley cup (Ward).All you Sens haters will only be getting ulcers this year because the cup is coming to OTTAWA GO SENS GO !!! :clapping:

Well, it looks like we have a few Leaf fans here. <_< Last year the fired the wrong guy. This year, Jr. said " we are going in the right direction" :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1: Does that mean on the way to the golf course??? I still think that who ever wins this series, will win the cup. The Wings or the Duck's don't stand a chance against both of these teams.

GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Edited by Jackel

Avatar is old news dude. Sens have been there sure, but, it doesn't hold true anymore. This is the farthest they've been. They beat the League's best scorer and his support of young talent, then they turned around and beat the League's best goalie and cast of seasoned veterans.

Buffalo or Ottawa is a toss up. Should be one heckuva series though, and, either team is worthy of beating the other. Win or lose for the Sens at this point... no one can say they choked. They've rolled over Pitts and NJ like a team possessed.

No toss up Bunk,

Ottawa takes the cup this year...

:canadian:

Your in the 3rd round of the playoffs and still talking about the Leafs.....get over it, my god...know wonder leaf fans hate Sens fans....LOL. Gonna be a good stanley cup finals for sure, if the ducks get in they can sure hit...they got size and can hit hard but I am really not sure who is gonna take it this year....4 excellent teams left! Buffalo can be a fast team but Ottawa is so awsome with the puck.

My Sabres looked uninspired in game 1. Ottawa is certainly the only team that can skate with them and has a slight size advantage. The Sabres certainly have shown a 'never say die' attitude though. Hopefully it prevails again.

Whomever wins this series will likely win the whole thing. The Sens are certainly playing extremely well as a unit and seemed to have lost whatever luggage they were carrying around in the first half of the year.

Lindy is an exceptional motivator...hopefully he gets the Sabres going again.

You just got to LOVE it when they all HATE you because you know they respect you and are afraid of you. The Sabres in 7 games and on to bringing the US...... errr Stanley Cup to Buffalo. :)

With the Sens up 3-0 :clapping: ....that's going to be tough to do. 4 straight? :lol: Not going to happen. The Sabres are dead and will take on the Choker label in about 2 days.

Go Sens Go!!! It's gonna be a blast to see a SC game. wooooohhooooooooo!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Well I am usually the biggest pessimist when it comes to the Sens but after this game I can say there is no way Buffalo is going to win 4 straight games. This is not the same Ottawa team that we are used to, they have become a TEAM. Any way this season ends up we can finally be proud of the effort they have put forth.

So one more and on to the cup! :clapping: :clapping:

Your in the 3rd round of the playoffs and still talking about the Leafs.....get over it, my god...no wonder leaf fans hate Sens fans....LOL.

:D:D:D

I know, it cracks me up, all I hear from Leaf fans is how Ottawa always chokes in the playoffs. Like sucking all year and not even making the playoffs is better. Right.

Edited by Dano

This is an oldie and has been modified to suit the current teams, besides its somewhat fishing related:

On a tour of Texas, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the ocean for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in his car when there was a frantic commotion just off the shore.

A helpless man wearing a Sabres jersey and hat was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot shark.

As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing red and white Senators Jerseys.

One quickly fired a harpoon into the sharks side. The other two reached out and pulled the mauled, bleeding and semiconscious Sabres fan from the water.

Then, using long clubs, the three beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat.

Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard that there were some bitter hatreds between Ottawa and Buffalo, but now I have seen with my own eyes that is not true."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies "Who was that?" "It was the Pope," one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well," the harpooner said "he may have access to God's wisdom but he doesn't know diddly about shark fishing... is the bait holding up okay or do we need to get another one?"

Go Sens (Canada)........

This is an oldie and has been modified to suit the current teams, besides its somewhat fishing related:

On a tour of Texas, the Pope took a couple of days off to visit the ocean for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in his car when there was a frantic commotion just off the shore.

A helpless man wearing a Sabres jersey and hat was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25-foot shark.

As the Pope watched, horrified, a speedboat came racing up with three men wearing red and white Senators Jerseys.

One quickly fired a harpoon into the sharks side. The other two reached out and pulled the mauled, bleeding and semiconscious Sabres fan from the water.

Then, using long clubs, the three beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat.

Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to the beach. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions," he told them. "I heard that there were some bitter hatreds between Ottawa and Buffalo, but now I have seen with my own eyes that is not true."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies "Who was that?" "It was the Pope," one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well," the harpooner said "he may have access to God's wisdom but he doesn't know diddly about shark fishing... is the bait holding up okay or do we need to get another one?"

Go Sens (Canada)........

:thumbsup_anim::w00t::lol::lol: Nice one.

Boy i hope no-one in Ottawa actually feels warm and fuzzy about the next round with the 1-0 win last night against a team that probably couldnt beat a Junior Varsity hockey squad right now lol. As DISMAL an effort (again) as the Sabres put together last night, they were still only one shot away from tying the game. Most teams would capitalize on that and ROUTE the opposing team. Ottawa couldnt put that kill goal in the net last night, ended up they didnt need to, but i would be a little worried. Not to mention two nights prior they almost let a win slip away with 5 seconds left. Almost is almost, but still, i wouldnt say they are this juggernaut force just pulverizing the Sabres. Sabres showed if they put any effort into it (1st period game three) They could walk all over Ottawa, they just for some unfathomable reason, wont do it. Bottom line, Ottawa is up 3-0 to a group of figure skaters......i wouldnt expect that extremely rare phenomenon in the finals. GO WINGS AND DUCKS!!!

Signed,

Bitter Sabres Fan :wallbash:

Boy i hope no-one in Ottawa actually feels warm and fuzzy about the next round with the 1-0 win last night against a team that probably couldnt beat a Junior Varsity hockey squad right now lol. As DISMAL an effort (again) as the Sabres put together last night, they were still only one shot away from tying the game. Most teams would capitalize on that and ROUTE the opposing team. Ottawa couldnt put that kill goal in the net last night, ended up they didnt need to, but i would be a little worried. Not to mention two nights prior they almost let a win slip away with 5 seconds left. Almost is almost, but still, i wouldnt say they are this juggernaut force just pulverizing the Sabres. Sabres showed if they put any effort into it (1st period game three) They could walk all over Ottawa, they just for some unfathomable reason, wont do it. Bottom line, Ottawa is up 3-0 to a group of figure skaters......i wouldnt expect that extremely rare phenomenon in the finals. GO WINGS AND DUCKS!!!

Signed,

Bitter Sabres Fan :wallbash:

Why can't "non Sens fans" give credit where credit is due? Let me guess...the Sens arent winning this series the Sabres are losing it....right? Sour grapes i say. :whistling:

FOTB

If by some fluke the Sabres move on. I KNOW MIRACLE ASIDE. Does the city not remember the BILLS....choke...

GO SENS GO!

again HABS fan but it's a CANADIAN thing

Easton

I would rather watch reruns of the all Buffalo Bills Super Bowl loses than a live Canadian Football game. REAL FOOTBALL is played in the NFL. :thumbsup_anim:

BTW............ GO SABRES but the Sens have out played them hands down and deserve to win the series.

Why can't "non Sens fans" give credit where credit is due? Let me guess...the Sens arent winning this series the Sabres are losing it....right? Sour grapes i say. :whistling:

FOTB

Sour grapes is right, didnt you read my signoff? Bitter Sabres fan? :thumbsup_anim:

I give Ottawa all the credit they deserve. Theyve played amazing when its counted, end of the season and the playoffs. But they really need to be throttling the Sabres with their absence of any emotion or effort, in fact, Id go as far as to say its the most embarrassing team Ive seen in the post season in quite a while. So yeah, Id say the Sabres are doing their fair share to make it easier on the Sens. Im just pointing out, with all due respect, Ottawa better watch out that Buffalo doesnt lull them to sleep and lower their expectations for the finals. All that being said, i think Murray will agree with me and send your boys out for the KILL tonite! My sabres are gonna take that long, somber fllight home tonite. Very disappointing end to a wonderful year. Hopefuly we go in underdogs again next year, I think some guys let the all star status get to their heads this year.

Does anyone remember 2004 when the Yankees performed the biggest CHOKE in sports history losing 4 straight games after taking a commanding lead 3-0 in the American League Championship Series over the Boston Red Sox. I LOVED every minute of it :)

The Bo Sox went on to win the World Series beating the Cardinals four games straight. Best year in sports until............................