Small Tourneys

kemper

Hey guys,

A fishin' buddy and I are looking for some smaller or local bass tournaments to enter this year.

Will be fishing from a 17' boat (50hp) so for the most part lake size isn't a huge issue, but a long run to prime grounds might be pushing it.

Does anyone have input on good/bad tournaments?

I should mention this is simply for fun & entertainment - max awesomeness is the goal.

Thanks,

Honestly. Join a bass club. Fish their events. Minimum investment which you will be more then likely dontating until you get sometime in the T environment if you fish partner T's.

Most club are Boater/Non boater. Cut your learning curve 95%

Downtown Bass in Oshawa has a good club. CBAF I "think" still has a club out of Durham too.

I am a Port Perry Bass member, we meet in Bowmanville. Great group.

Edited by Harrison

Sound like club events fit your bill. Lots of good clubs available, CBAF or Ont BASS tourny are fun and pretty cheap to play in.

I fish in as many CBAF tourny's i can, every time out i have fun and get to fish with some very experienced anglers.

http://cbaf.ca/index.html

http://ontariobass.com/about-us/find-a-club/

Edited by musky_hunter

Thanks for the quick feedback, I'll explore all those suggestions.

We can both hold our own when it comes to bass fishing, but having never done it "under the gun" who knows what might happen.

At the very least an exciting new challenge.

The tourney on island lake is fun, some pig bass in there. Only thing is only trolling motors.

When is that if you dont mind me asking? I've never fished the reservoir but a friend and I want to try it... and he loves tournaments.

No suggestions as I don`t live there, but don`t let electric motor only lakes scare you off. I always viewed them as more of an equalizer than a handicap, the idea is supposed to be your ability to catch fish, not race around the lake?

This was one of our week day evening spots for tournaments.

http://findlakes.com/wellington_upground_reservoir_ohio~oh00774.htm

My 35 hp motor didn`t seem nearly as slow on an electric motor only lake.

My idea of a small tourny is a trailer park event...I know of at least 3 through friends and relatives, I've acually won a few or at least placed lol, 20-30 bucks in is a lot more friendly then a 200 buy in.

Ask your friends or relatives that have trailers parked, you could camp out for that weekend and get in on some great fun.