Simcoe conditons??????

misfish

The ice is in great shape in deep water areas...about 8-9", no slush except near pressure cracks.

The snow is incredibly deep though, we saw multiple ATVs stuck and people on foot weren't getting far before they were exhausted.

With warm temperatures on tap over the next two days, it'll be a real mess out there.

Edited by wallacio

If Joey was out there,there must be.How were the bugs? LOL

Thanks for the posts .

Yup, enough ice for me out there now :thumbsup_anim:

Yup, tons of snow. Walking did not look pleasant!! Snowmobiling was slow due to wavy mounds of snow, but not bad. We played safe today and stayed away from known pressure cracks. Was a beauty day to be out in that sunshine.

Fished kemp today near BBP. 103FOW. Marked about 15-20 fish throughout the morning and 4 large clouds of baitfish....SKUNKED!

Tried everything in the box from, bad boys, white tubes, swim baits, Williams whitefish, jiggin raps in a variety of sizes and nothing. fish were interested but but couldn't get them to bite.

What should I do when I see fish on the graph?

The ice was solid about 8-10". Snow was deep so a pair of snowshoes helped for the walk out. There were also a Bunch of machines on the ice.

Fished kemp today near BBP. 103FOW. Marked about 15-20 fish throughout the morning and 4 large clouds of baitfish....SKUNKED!

Tried everything in the box from, bad boys, white tubes, swim baits, Williams whitefish, jiggin raps in a variety of sizes and nothing. fish were interested but but couldn't get them to bite.

What should I do when I see fish on the graph?

The ice was solid about 8-10". Snow was deep so a pair of snowshoes helped for the walk out. There were also a Bunch of machines on the ice.

I was out off of the Gov. Dock at BBP..on my ATV. Made it out to my waypoint about 1.2km out, got stuck a couple times crossing drifts. 8" of awesome ice. Went 4/6 on the lakers and 1/1 on whities. Had a blast out there. Report to follow. :)

Hey ckrb2007,

What did you do to get them to bite?

Hey ckrb2007,

What did you do to get them to bite?

When you see fish on your screen, suspend your bait just above them. If one is interested and starts to rise for it to investigate start reeling away fairly quickly and don't stop until it hits or breaks off the chase. Some fish will follow for 20, 30 or even 40' before hitting.

If a fish breaks off a chase you can often get another shot at it by dropping your bait down again to where the fish is and see if you can get it to chase again.

Some days fish just aren't all that interested and few will give chase and even fewer will actually hit (yesterday seemed to be one of those for most).

Edited by wallacio