Bait question.

dhickey

the answer is

....no...you are not allowed extra

you are allowed the same number of bait as always

and the child is allowed the their full count of bait

but you are not allowed extra and if the MNR sat and watched and saw you use 120 then start taking from the childs minnows you could be charged

would never happen but........it is the law

the answer is

....no...you are not allowed extra

you are allowed the same number of bait as always

and the child is allowed the their full count of bait

but you are not allowed extra and if the MNR sat and watched and saw you use 120 then start taking from the childs minnows you could be charged

would never happen but........it is the law

This is actually incorrect.

There is no daily limit on minnows used only a possession limit of 120.

Once they are used and gone (no longer in your possession) you can replenish your supply as many times as needed as long as you don't have more than 120 in possession at any given time.

This is actually incorrect.

There is no daily limit on minnows used only a possession limit of 120.

Once they are used and gone (no longer in your possession) you can replenish your supply as many times as needed as long as you don't have more than 120 in possession at any given time.

i just verified this with a mnr guy that was here on the trent today.. i saw him out there and took off straight to him to clear up a few things i had questions about.. bait being one of them. i also asked about something that i have heard mixed reviews on. if i catch a fish in zone 18, that is out of season in zone 17, but is in season in zone 18, can i transport it into zone 17 (where i live) in proper condition for packaging (with a piece of skin/scales and amounts visible for identification) to my surprise he said he had to check on that one...? lol anyone know for sure?

Edited by Trent River Fishin'

didn't come out right , blame it on beer and a french accent , possesion limit is 10 dozen per angler , 2 anglers 2 buckets, right ?

I know of no requirement for anglers to have separate buckets.

As far as I know if two anglers are fishing together they can have their minnows in the same bucket as long as they do not exceed the total amount they are allowed.

Not the same as catch & possession limits for fish where each angler can only catch their own limit and can not help out the other angler on their limit.

I know of no requirement for anglers to have separate buckets.

As far as I know if two anglers are fishing together they can have their minnows in the same bucket as long as they do not exceed the total amount they are allowed.

Not the same as catch & possession limits for fish where each angler can only catch their own limit and can not help out the other angler on their limit.

must be separate buckets to make it "easier" for mnr to count and verify that you have the right amount and type of bait. i thought it was stupid too but...