Sealed lead acid battery ?'s

Freshtrax

Price is not bad, my Dad use to run his finder on one of those all day with no problems. Most are running a larger battery (12V / 9amps) I would believe. All depends on which unit you have and the draw it needs to run. My Dad's was an older Humminbird with a monochromatic screen.

Edit -

Terry said

that is the size most people use

I thought it was the higher amps one. lol! Pretty sure that is what I have (9amps)

Edited by fishnsled

Not bad, but there is an electronic store in Mississauga, on Matheson Blvd. just South of 401 West of Dixie, actually there is 3 electronic shops, but the one I can't remember it's name but it is beside the place below. Same battery for 15.99!!

AA Electronics
1350 Matheson Blvd E., Unit 8
Mississauga, Ontario L4W 4M1
Canada

Cheers,

EL

That's 7.5 Amp Hours not 7 Amps. It indicates how much energy your battery can store and deliver over a period of time. I bought a 9 Amp hour battery for my sonar so it operates for a longer period of time. All my finders have come with the 7.5Ah batteries. Vexilar flashers (and maybe others) I believe come with 9Ah batteries.

Not bad, but there is an electronic store in Mississauga, on Matheson Blvd. just South of 401 West of Dixie, actually there is 3 electronic shops, but the one I can't remember it's name but it is beside the place below. Same battery for 15.99!!

AA Electronics

1350 Matheson Blvd E., Unit 8

Mississauga, Ontario L4W 4M1

Canada

Cheers,

EL

I second that

that is the size most people use

and will run most fishfinders for a weekend

but hds 5 and above will not last a day with background light on full

Only 4-5 hours on full charge with my HDS5 IF I have the GPS on and back light. With satalite tracking off I get 8-9 hours.

Only 4-5 hours on full charge with my HDS5 IF I have the GPS on and back light. With satalite tracking off I get 8-9 hours.

I never thought to turn off satellite tracking.....

I have a gps on my ski doo so I really don't need it on the hds..good tip