Hit Simcoe yesterday with the family

nancur373

Talked the wife into talking her mother into watching the two youngest kids so her and I could hit Simcoe with the two oldest. Picked up a homemade hut from a guy and wanted to give her a try. Was going to go to Port Bolster but had a change of heart last minute and hit Guilford instead. Glad we did we were on fish right away and had action all day. Got there around 11 and left at 5:30.

Heading out

DSCN1552_zps306c3f71.jpg

Jake wanted to pull

DSCN1557_zps2df73cb3.jpg

Not working so well

DSCN1555_zpsc6bd6a55.jpg

Got the hut set up in about 30 seconds

DSCN1558_zpse1337e89.jpg

Drilled a couple holes

DSCN1562_zps013cb7b4.jpg

Plenty of room inside as the wife is taking the pictures

DSCN1566_zps9ec862e3.jpg

Boys having fun

DSCN1570_zps191c015a.jpg

Got a lot of dinks and a few jumbos. Mostly on live minnow

20130121_161101.jpg

Heading home....notice the feet on the hut lol

DSCN1571_zpsbbcdccd8.jpg

That's what it's all about!

I find ice fishing is a great way to introduce new people to fishing. I bring new anglers out and if we don't catch fish, the food, drinks and scenery almost always ensures a good social time.

lol i laughed as i could here you guys, i can see my basspro flip in your pic, jumbos all day and a ton of herring.

keep up the good work

Ray

A ton of herring is right. I don't think you'll forget my hut from now on lol. If you see me out again, don't hesitate to stop by.

Cheers

Curt

Glad you got some action. Was out there today got a 100 perch with 15 keepers. Largest one was 12". No herring though, but caught a few last week. The sounds of the ice scared the crap out of me all day. I ran out of the tent haha. Ice was almost 9 inches though, but it was still a good scare. everything was caught on a frozen dead minnow.

Glad you got some action. Was out there today got a 100 perch with 15 keepers. Largest one was 12". No herring though, but caught a few last week. The sounds of the ice scared the crap out of me all day. I ran out of the tent haha. Ice was almost 9 inches though, but it was still a good scare. everything was caught on a frozen dead minnow.

a lot of noise Monday too. 9"? wow. we made 3" since Monday. Good stuff