were you fish'n Quinte yesterday ??

lew

I drove from Toronto to Kingston then back to Toronto yesterday and musta seen 100 boats being towed on the 401 in the Quinte region, so I'm assuming at least a few of them were OFNer's lookin for pickeral.

I crossed the Napanee River and it seemed quite high so I'm hoping the water levels in the Bay stay higher than last year.

Anyone have any luck yet ?? :Gonefishing:

I wasn't out there Lew, but some friends had gone to Deseronto for the walleye opener.

One of them called last night to say I didn't miss much. Only 1 fish caught between 5 people (2 boats)

and it was in the slot limit, so back it went. There were very few fish caught in the area.

hmmm, thanks boyz, I'm wondering if the late spring / cooler waters have slowed down the bite somewhat this year ??

There's usually some decent fish brought in opening weekend, and taper, it'd be encouraging if the news about a 13 pounder prove to be true

I've got a sneaking feeling though that we'll be getting some good news tonight or early tomorrow morning from Team Jen/Sonny/ Easton and Mike the Pike :Gonefishing:

Oh well, I don't need the action to pick-up for another 12 days yet myself ;)

Edited by lew

It was dead, didn't see a single eye and only heard of one being caught.

The only excitement was coming across a small glass boat that sinking but when the guy standing on the bow got back further into the boat and let the eye bolt out of the water he was OK.

Windy in the afternoon.

Heh Lew,

The leading walleye is currently 13.47 pounds caught in Hay Bay last I saw the board.Definently not caught by us.We got 2 and lost 2 along with a sheepshead,some perch and a couple oos fish.Our walleye were both at the 4 pound mark even the 2 we lost were around the same size.We were at Fosters and saw most people were catching 1 or 2 each time they went out.Yesterdays wind grounded alot of boats.We got caught in big bay when it really got bad.We limped our way in to the Big Island boat launch (3.5-4 foot waves crashing over the bow of our boat) then got a ride to fosters and grabed the truck and trailer.It was crazy. Still had a good time.The bite should be better buy the time you come down.

Wes

Oh yah , the water level is up to almost normal , at least a foot higher than last year.

Definetely slower than last year duber, but the warm weather is starting to move in and hopefully things will pick up in the near future.

That 13+ pounder sounds like a real beaut and has a definite shot at winning the tourney I'd say, infact it'd be good to hear the final results if anyone gets the info.

With the water being up a foot from last year, that'll sure make life easier for us getting our boats in & out of the narrow, shallow channel from our camp too. Last year was like trying to motor thru a mud hole :angry:

Thanks for the update guys.

We fished Belleville area and came home with eight yesterday. YUM!!Nothing today had a small pike hit right at the boat and lost her as quick as I had it on. No idea on results think I heard biggest fish in Belleville was 8lbs. Got one helluva a sunburn on my face and had a great time my new boat ran great and actually helped a guy whose motor broke down towed him aways and then he got it runnin watched till he made it back to the dock. Awesome time gotta live with my new/old boat..LOL!Always next year????We were gonna hit hay bay and long reach but ended up sticking around in case the baby came....

Hey Lew,

Sonny dropped me off at my front door about a half hour ago... the 13.5 (est) lbs was what was on the board when we left Pickeral Park at around 5:00 this afternoon.

It was a great weekend, report will follow!

Cheers,

Jen!