S L O W OFN Today...

tonyb

It took me 2 minutes just to open this thread and reply to it.

I've had a problem with this new board since it started last November. All the other sights I go to are lightning fast, but some days this one is so slow I just turn it off and forget it.

Seems to be ok for the time being but this problem seems to be sporadic. It is definetly not ALWAYS slow... just seems to be at awkward times. it is weird... and no there is nothing any of the Mods here can do about it... other then move use to a new server...Internet slowdowns happen it is a fact of life... we refer to it as Bottle-Necking.... the sad reality is... if it is indeed a bottle neck there are only a couple of options...such as life on the internet......... wait till the host where the bottle neck is located, fixes it... reroute the way we access this site... (highly unlikely) or move the the site all together to a completely different host..

Yes it sucks when you are unable to access the mother-ship...

and as much as I gripe about how slow the site has been there is little we can can do.... unless the server is moved.... which costs $$ and results in downtime as the dns servers update etc....

lets hope it get fixed soon..

but again there is little the site admins can do...

Gerritt.