Skinny Trailer???

rdambros

I have an 18ft Lund boat on a Shorelander Trailer, but a single car garage.

You guessed it, the trailer is too wide for the single car garage. The garage door is almost wide enough, but the trailer fenders hit the side just by inches. I'm thinking that if I can get a skinner trailer it would fit. I may have to back up the trailer by hand, but it would keep it out of the driveway and I wont have to empty the boat every time I go fishing.

Anyone know which manufacturer makes the skinniest trailer? I tried various web sites and they are terrible.

Thanks for any help.

Trust me, I have thought about all those and even taking out the middle post between the two car single door garages. But, if there is a trailer with a shorter axle and/or maybe the tires more under the boat, rather than beside the boat, I might be ablet to put it into the garage.

have you checked if you can fit it in after you passed the pillar??...i have a 19 ft lund...and i have to angle it in my garage....it wont fit straight in...you might have the same problem...motor and a fold away youll have an extra 2 plus feet...bringing you very close if not more than 20 ft....check your depth first..

or maybe the tires more under the boat, rather than beside the boat,

My concern would be making the rig unstable if you go narrower than what the manufacturer has set up. The closer the wheels are together, the more top heavy it'll become.

a narrow-track trailer will push the wheels in under the trailer and boat, raising the boat. This will give you some grief at many launch ramps. Are you sure you can live with that? If you can, a trailer shop can modify your existing trailer by installing a new, shorter axle and moving the spring mounts. Cheap compared to a new trailer.

How much space do you have from the back face the tire to the trailer frame ?

Looks like i got some folks scared now Romeo .... lol . This is where i was leading to , have a look , click on the picture to see it big enough to read . With this fix you might get narrowed down by 2 1/2" over all , a 1 1/4 " per side letting you get in the garage and travel down the road safely . Call Cerka the people who sell trailer rims and let them know what you need and they will help you out . If theres any thing here you don't understand then send me a PM and i'll be happy to explain .

A friend of mine had his garage door frame and track cut and put on hinges so when the garage door is open he can swing the bottom 3 feet of the frame and track inward to allow his boat to fit. he gained atleast half a foot by doing this. and if your handy, a lot cheaper than buying a new trailer