Whitby Harbour

Locnar

We used to catch brown trout in Oshawa harbor right up till Xmas time chucking silver and blue 1/2oz Cleo's in the hammered finish !!! And for several years now they have stocked browns at the harbor so it's probly even better there uses to be an old boys club down there for most if the winter and they always caught them they also fished the rocks at bommanville and even got the odd bow too !!!! Ahhhh the memories please be careful as the waves will freeze the spray and the piers and rocks can be deadly. !!! Seen a few people go for a swim !!!! Wear a floater suit for sure !!!!! Hope this helps

Right on, thanks for some info. You think my lucks better fishing off the pier than by a boat launch where the water is shallower? As for lures, I don't have any Cleo's at the moment.... think some jerkbaits, crankbaits or weedless spoons will do the trick?

Right on, thanks for some info. You think my lucks better fishing off the pier than by a boat launch where the water is shallower? As for lures, I don't have any Cleo's at the moment.... think some jerkbaits, crankbaits or weedless spoons will do the trick?

Buy some Cleo's youll cast farther then what you mentioned that you have, and there nor too expensive, 1/3rd and 2/5th ounce will do the trick

Whitby harbour has got bested me once again. I grabbed a little Cleo, and was chuckin that around for a while. Tried two different locations, a spot mid harbour and the pier both with nadda to show for it. The water level seems really low in that place right now.

The rule if thumb we always used is as soon as the pier stated to get the slushy ice chunks floating all around it was over !!! Case then the shiners will move out to deeper water ..... You have a few weeks left Oshawa pier is a better bet and they are there,when the ice started we would then concentrate on the warm water flow at the Pickering nuke when you were allowed to fish there we have had 10 trout days there !!!!! Like I said ahhhhh memories !!!! I do have some pics to back when you had to develop your pictures ..... I also remember casting Erie dearies into the current flow with big shiners on them from tight lines in Pickering !! We spent tons of hours chasing them browns long before most people even knew they were there !!! Cgeers

Edited by fishindevil