Vacation in Negril, Jamaica !!!

Hey all,

Heading to Negril, Jamaica in 3 weeks for a week in paradise.

Im considering bringing my rod and reel and trying to land some fish from shore.

Any decent spots in and around Negril ??

Any advise would help greatly !

thanks !

Not too sure but its always better to bring the gear and not have the chance to fish than to not bring it and have the chance... I always bring my fishingstuff on all trips, no matter where... I have learned the hard way... Good luck finding somewhere though

You won't be leaving your resorts grounds in Jamaica unless you're on a guided tour to the rum distillery/etc/. Keep that in mind...that the only safe place will be in front of your resort. Not to scare you...just the facts. It was that way in 1989...it sure isn't better now...and I still give my head a shake everytime I think of Leah and I dual riding a scooter from Moe Bay to Negril and back and then Moe Bay to Ochos(sp) Rio and back. One of, it not the most beautiful island in the Gulf/Carribean...but not safe by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by irishfield

Was in Negril in 2001. It is unlikely (but possible) that you will have time for fishing. Specially if you are at or near Hed II. :) I did see a few cudas swimming about, though.

One piece of advice...take the $30 flight from Montego Bay to Negril. The bus ride is crazy...just crazy.

Sorry guys, but why on earth are you people spending big $$$$ to go to a place that's so admittedly unsafe, you can't even venture away from the resort ??

jeeez, gimme a tent, a Coleman stove and the north woods anyday.

Sorry guys, but why on earth are you people spending big $$$$ to go to a place that's so admittedly unsafe, you can't even venture away from the resort ??

jeeez, gimme a tent, a Coleman stove and the north woods anyday.

I completly agree Lew !! if it was up to me id rent a cottage up north and fish for a week !!! I

The GF wants a beach and a tan...... I told her I know i nice spot on nippising but she didnt bite :)