a pictorial tribute to the canoe trip

chris.brock

I think you may have just had the trip of a lifetime... look at those smiles and you will never see stars like you saw on those nights... (however may I question the shoe choice?)

Thanks for sharing the pics!

yeah, well said

the shoes- I'm abit of a minimalist while on a canoe trip, sandals for everything/ everyday!

I love canoe trips. Part of being a 'minimalist' could be a light weight canoe e.g. Kevlar ones can be less than 50#. But decent water shoes and/or hiking boots will make a world of difference.

Did you take the geetar on the trip, or was that just at the base-camp put-in?

I get mixed feelings after portaging in to a fly-in fishing lake and see the look of surprise on the fly-ins' faces.biggrin.gifmad.gif

the pictures are from various trips

-the bear clawed sign is Algonquin

-pictographs are Fairy Point, Missinaibi Lk

-my wife with the 200lbs pack was LaVerendre, Que

-the wolf was in the Chapleau Game preserve, pretty close, maybe 50 yds

-my cut-up legs was an Algonquin solo trip where the route I took seemed to disappear and I was frantically crashing through the bush looking for the portage so I wouldn't have to waste a day backtracking, I ended up having to backtrack

-the guitar was a photobucket screw-up, it's not a canoe trip

the plastic canoe is for river trips (notice the bottom is all beat up), it's good for bouncing off rocks and grinding through shallows, that canoe no longer exists, but that's another story