Finally.....this S/b The Topwater Muskie

bigcreekdad

Blow by Blow??? Well, I'll try. We were fishing French River below Chaudiere dams out of Crane's Lochaven Lodge. It was our first day ( mid September), ands it rained all damn day......no shore lunch that day. We took a guide as my two companions had never fished these waters and I thought it would be a good way for them to see several spots. Our guide, Jackie ( who's a dman good guide) uses a pontoon boat. At first this seems a bit ackward, but is really kind of nice, and he moves that thing into all kinds of spots with ease.

Caught this guy on a topwater before lunch. Hit right at side of boat. I was actually throwig a smaller bass-sized topwater as we were fishing a shallow weedy area more known for nice largemouth.

First spot we went to was in deeper and faster water below the dams for walleye. Jackie was reeling in a small rockbass when a muskie took it. He fought it but it broke off after a few minutes.

Coming back to the lodge that day for lunch we sawa guy waving from one of the lodge's cabin docks. We cruised over and fond a guy with a large muskie on that he hooked while casting for walleye with a light spinning rod. Jackie jumped off and helped the guy land the fish ( 46")....his first muskie in 15 years of trying.

Saw several others that week. Good spot, and a great lodge.