St. Clair Musky

Live2fish85

Well I am going to keep it short as I am beat lol.

Headed up Friday evening and got to the launch around 8pm. Had a fire a few cold ones and crashed in the truck.

Up early an on the water with no time wasted till we were trolling. Well a few hours later rod goes and was a thick 36" and back she went.

Well the day ended with just that fish and we trolled, casted and tried every lure. The best part of the day was at the parking lot when I got to actually meet Mike P. We seenn him on the water and talked to him while passing a few times and then on shore for lunch we talked with him for a while as he was getting ready to leave. Mike is a super guy. I bought some of his lures last trip up but as we didn't get there until real late he was kind enough to drop them off at the hotel.

This time we were shy on some lures of a certain colour and he gave me one of his other lures. He is a great guy and was awesome to finally meet him. Thanks a ton Mike.

Well after a few more beers that night we crashed for another early start. Trolled all morning with nothing but two lures that were the colours we didn't have and wanted to try haha. We put them on trolled a few more hours and then finally around noon the rod went off. I was up and shortly after I had my new PB and on the new lure I caught haha.

Not huge but good enough for me a nice 42".

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/4765/imag0108so.jpg

Well about a hour after that on the other lure we caught the rod goes. We could tell this one was a big one and finally in the net it goes. Unhooked quickly a quick measurement and pic and back in she went, this one was talking a bit of time to recover and thanks to a video Roy posted from Mark Thorpe I believe is was we were already in the shore so I hope in the water and supported the fish nicely and she soon after gave real good thrash that soaked me and was off.

Here's the beast and my friends PB he will probably not beat for a while. My friend is also 6'5 keep in mind.

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/4530/imag0116gx.jpg

After that we said can't beat that and called it a day.

Can't wait until next year. Brian wish I could have met you as well on shore rather then quick wave and frank would have been nice to see ya again as well.

Thanks

Chris

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it. I was so exited after that haha. I have never seen a fish that big in person until today haha. I have also been friends with my buddy for almost 25 years and have never seen him act so excited. Couldn't end a day better. Thanks for all the help as well.