2012 IN REVIEW

spincast

lets see if this works as the embed feature eludes me

My link

Taking a mental health holiday today. Boat's winterised and off to the winter cave tomorrow. Appropriate timing for a review of my and G-man's year. Featuring a few friends I managed to hook up with over the year and some great photo contributions by Fisherjuli, amongst others.

Till next spring.

Edited by spincast

Let's see if this works.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid973.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fae214%2Fspincast%2F2012retrospective.mp4">

There ya go. Copied the html code and pasted it in the the reply. Just make sure you have the HTML On - Auto Linebreak Mode

This information may cost you a day on the water though.... :whistling::D Great recap of your season. :good:

Edited by fishnsled

Great stuff Rick! Nice blue boat at the end.... :whistling:B)

who is that mystery man:lol: I was looking for a shot of us all together and full face of ya Wayne, but Steph has them on her camera and G wanted to use them in his movie - which, given his inability to sit for long stretches of a time at anything other than fishing, means it will likely be a spring 2013 release date.

Thanks Will

and any time you want to get out let me know - I think I will be the student on that trip from what I have seen of your outings.

You're welcome. Let's plan something for next year for sure! But after looking at those pics I believe that I will be the student. Maybe there's something we both can learn that day. :)

Nice work, Rick!! G-man just gets bigger and better, huh?! I still think that we need to get you ice fishing... Your winters will pass quicker, and you won't cringe when someone says the word 'winterized'. Great video- we can revisit those warm days and big beauties when the snow flies!

You're welcome. Let's plan something for next year for sure! But after looking at those pics I believe that I will be the student. Maybe there's something we both can learn that day. :)

You're on Will - look forward to the opportunity.

Great stuff, bud! We didn't get out enough this summer. Maybe a trip for some chrome still before things freeze up!

I never get sick of seeing G'S Big grin!!

You got that right Frank - outings were sparse for us this year - between weather and other commitments we both had we really didn't spend enought time on the water - but when we did it was great - even that roller coaster day in spring:whistling: At least we know the Starcraft can ride out 3 footers with not too much difficulty - even if we struggle. Hopefully 2013 present a few more opportunities.

Nice work, Rick!! G-man just gets bigger and better, huh?! I still think that we need to get you ice fishing... Your winters will pass quicker, and you won't cringe when someone says the word 'winterized'. Great video- we can revisit those warm days and big beauties when the snow flies!

Ice fishin', huh? Stranger things have happened, ya ever know.

Edited by spincast

at around 1:30 that looks like one heck of a workout thumbsup_anim.gif

Cool recap you made. That'll be a nice memory piece for the future. As a kid I'd be pouring over stuff like this over and over.

Thanks Chad - that was about 12 minutes into an 18 minute fight G had with that one. He had 30 lb mono on what turned out to be a fish in the high teens or low twenties. Every time G would bring in 30 feet, the fish would peel 20 back. I was tightenting up the drag ever so slightly when the camera went off scene for a bit there. Took another 5 minutes once we got him beside the boat before we could net him. G took control the whole way.

Hopefully we can get you onto one of those next year.

Nice vid Rick..This year looked like it was amazing for you and your family! This spring we will leave the boat at home and pound the banks of the Grand River..I know we keep saying that but this spring it has to happen!

Great recap Rick! Let's get G out for muskie next year.

Sorry you can't make it out tomorrow but I hear you have better things to do... watching G-Man kick some butt!

Thanks Brian - and thanks for the invite. I would really have liked to make another trip, but tomorrow is the award ceremony, and hopefully the last fising trip I loose to this black belt quest of G's. Good luck out there.!