Coyote Gun Restoration - Warning - Graphic Images**

NAW

Looks killer Nick! I still haven't been out for coyotes, if you're ever up for teaching a rube the ropes, let me know, lol!

Let me get a few more notches under my belt before I start taking people out. I'm a bit of a rube my self :whistling:

But now that I can reach out and tough them, It should make things easier!

NICE JOB and nice little caliber you don't see too much of any more...and NO kick with that .222 so I wouldn't worry about being bit by the scope... :)

Thanks BB.

Sounds like a 30-06, but kicks like a 22.

Perfect coyote caliber.

Looks great, I have used boiled linseed and preferred it over tru oil,when hand rubbed with multiple coats its beautifull. The damp cloth helps bring out lite dents etc. but if you do it again try using a hot iron instead of a torch it may do a better job.

Looks great, I have used boiled linseed and preferred it over tru oil,when hand rubbed with multiple coats its beautifull. The damp cloth helps bring out lite dents etc. but if you do it again try using a hot iron instead of a torch it may do a better job.

Hot Iron? Please explain. Sounds interesting!

A nice damp cloth placed over a ding letting it sit for a couple of minutes to let the wood absorb a bit of water then a hot iron placed on the damp cloth for a little bit should help to smooth out small dings in the wood. An old furniture makers trick.

Let us know how she shoots.

Ernie, the Enfields used a peocess called Suncorite on the receiver and barrel. Not sure how to duplicate that however the woodwork........

thanks learn something everyday, I'll try and take some pics i think it's in pretty decent shape other than a bit of tarnished brass on the buttplate

From the regs.

"A person hunting small game may not carry or use a rifle of

greater calibre than a .275-calibre rifle, except a muzzle-loading

gun, in the geograhic areas of Brant, Chatham-Kent, Durham,

Elgin, Essex, Haldimand, Halton, Hamilton, Huron, Lambton,

Middlesex, Niagara, Norfolk, Northumberland, Oxford, Peel,

Perth, Toronto, Waterloo, Wellington or York"

Simcoe / Springwater is not listed.

I could not find anything in the Simcoe or Springwater websites. However, I have heard form several people that you can NOT use anything larger then .275 in my area. I just can't find hard data to back it up.

So.... Yes you can :dunno: ?

Reason being is those areas are more heavily populated AND the deer for the most part aren't huge and there aren't any moose or elk requiring a large bore rifle.A Lee Enfield makes for a great deer gun or even moose gun if you are good with it. It has enough punch to put a moose or elk down inside 200 yards.

But many calibers smaller then a .275 travel MUCH farther....take a .270 Win...it shoots MUCH MUCH flatter and farther then .30/30 and the list goes on and on...that's why I said it's a weird reg.

Ya, it's a weird rule for sure.

I thought it might be a noise issue. Big caliber, big bang...

But it can't be that, because the guys pounding geese Saturday on mornings with the 10g pumps make a pile of noise.

And I'm betting a 12 gauge shot gun using any kind of slugs are probably allowed...which if measured by caliber, dwarf all rifle bores...so that reg makes no sense whatsoever IMHO...

A 12 gauge doesn't have near the reach as your standard rifle does. I've always assumed this is the reason why most rifles weren't allowed to be used closer to the populated areas.

A 12 gauge doesn't have near the reach as your standard rifle does. I've always assumed this is the reason why most rifles weren't allowed to be used closer to the populated areas.

EXACTLY...that's why that reg doesn't make sense making a cut off of .275 caliber...my .270 is a smaller caliber then any 30 caliber and there are LOTS of them...including the .30-06, .308 and the .30/30 which would NOT be allowed in that hunting area as per posted here...also my .22-250 Rem goes MUCH farther then any 12 gauge shotgun....see where I'm going here..it just doesn't make sense to me...I have heard of MANY lower calibers NOT allowed to hunt big game, like deer in many states down here...but none of has max caliber "IF" rifles are allowed in that area...some are shotgun only areas...here in NYS they have opened MANY counties that have been restricted to shotguns only to rifles because they have learned they are in fact safer....PA a few years ago did research on this and also confirmed rifles are safer then shotguns...in 2006 the county I hunt most for deer allowed rifles for the first time and no problems so far....and the population has probably double over the last 30+ years I hunted there......go figure... :dunno: