A couple Spiel customs

rhare

Just wanted to share with everyone a couple of the custom builds that Spiel has done for me this fall. I was fortunate to have Chris do a build for me last year and it turned out awesome. His attention to detail if amazing and if anyone is thinking of having a rod built I would suggest contacting him. Great guy to work with.

The first rod is a Rainshadow XST1382F 11'6" I had this rod built for my wife for xmas. The handle is turned a bit smaller for her hands. It turned out awesome and pairs nicely with her pink steelheader.

photo1.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

The second rod is a Sage GllSH-1136-3LLB. A 13'6" 3 piece. I picked up the blank last fall but didnt have a chance to have Chris build it until this fall. It turned out to be a beauty. The wood reel seat and inserts are made of big leaf burl maple and the pics really don't do it justice.

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

tightlines

Ryan

Nice to see the Sage went to a good home. Excellent work!

Thanks again Mike, more then happy with the blank :)

Recoils? That thing must be nice and light!

Yeah I've kinda grown partial to them, really like them in the cold weather freeze up isn't much of a problem. They do make for nice light sticks :)

Troutguy, if you look closely you may find my finger print on you rod.

Ok,there is something terribly wrong with you. You told me you liked the feel of my rod . Now you are holding another,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Edited by Misfish