Bielge pump help

mistaredone

My bielge pump wasn't working last day on the water so I'm under the deck now to figure it out. Turns out the pump is working but the hoes isn't connected to anything so the water is pumping out two feet from where it's being sucked out. Problem is I can't see where the hoes would hook up? There are three holes in the back of the boat under the water line, one the drain plug, the other looks like the drain pipe from the live well and the third the pump to put water into the live well? It kinda looks like the bielge pump drain hoes could hook up the the bottom of the live well pump but doesn't make sense in my mind? The bielge pump hoes is only 3 feet long and I can't see any other options??

What kind of boat? Usually the bilge will pump out of the side of the boat at the rear, above the water line. If you have a hole in that area on the side of the boat, you could feed a wire or coat hanger into the hole and see where it comes out in your bilge. That's where you would hook up the hose.

Hope this helps.

It's an old bass boat body 92 cobra. No exits above the water line? I might have to go buy some hoes and route it myself?

It has to tie in somewhere.... You said the hose is only 3 feet long.... So it's gotta be in there somewhere.....

I'd slow down and take a closer look before drilling your boat....

Somebody will probably chime in with some experience

Oh it's there,as others mentioned take the hose and stretch it out a bit ,that will give you the area to check.In my experience,starboard side,when in the drivers seat you can look back and see if any water is coming out. These replies should get you in the ball park.Don't drill a new hole!!.

Check and see if the hose connects to a 3 way. When you drain/pump out your live well,it maybe a three way.

There has to be a connection for the hose somewhere like said.

To funny Erich. Im out yer way Thursday.Been stupid busy.

It,s also possible,there is another section of the hose,as it might have been spliced.

Edited by Misfish