2012 river salmon run

misfish

If your passionate about what you believe,you need to speak out!!I always will.(don't like the 6' under)But!!!

The ones that know what they are doing is wrong,are prepared for such confrontations. This is why a very popular spot on the Pine is no longer. Property owner was beaten badly. And he was no small man. 6ft 240.

Edited by Misfish

The question is even asked south of the boarder. They have the same problem as we do,with CO,s.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x8U58SqO7u0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As you can see,snagers and legal anglers, shoulder to shoulder. :whistling:

Do t want to be rude, but a lot of people I saw this weekend and people who came up to me to talked pissed me off, do your own homework like I did... Or maybe I'll post it to the world, the salmon come and the snaggers come with them, then the browns, and fewer snaggers then the steelhead with very few snaggers shut up and get out and tell us what you found out river flow rate temp, etc amount of fish on certain conditions etc.... Don't ask that type of q again, and I had a talk with a few fish this summer, brown and steelhead aren't coming up the river cuz you and your friends will be there...

first of all, I won't go near the river because of all the bad stories I hear. I just fish the pier/lake.

secondly, this is a fishing message board.

I asked an honest question about migration habits. I don't think it is inappropriate.

that is the whole point of the board.

having a fishing message board while not being able to ask questions like this about fishing with fellow anglers is like having a library without any books allowed.

you won't learn much.

and its a shame this board seems to have the attitude that information can't be shared amongst fellow anglers.

being able to discuss experiences and info with fellow anglers SHOULD be one of the main values of this board.

but it isn't.

sad.

The thing that doesnt make sense is the STUPID MNR claims they dont have enough money to have more CO's. Maybe if the few CO'S we do have actually did something when you called them instead of call you back 3-7 days later (happened on MANY occasions), they could fine some of these asshat.gifholes out there swinging treble hooks the size of walnuts and maybe just maybe use some of that money to employ more CO's? Until that day, redneck justice is all we really have. I usually wont approach a snagger or someone taking more fish than their limit/milking every fish he lands if im by myself, but there is strength in numbers! A few times this year, even today, me and a few of the other regulars of this trib have confronted snaggers and more often than not they high-tail it outa there, of course you get the ones that pretend not to understand what your saying as well.... poor salmon, with how low the water levels are this year no fish stands a chance

The thing that doesnt make sense is the STUPID MNR claims they dont have enough money to have more CO's. Maybe if the few CO'S we do have actually did something when you called them instead of call you back 3-7 days later (happened on MANY occasions), they could fine some of these asshat.gifholes out there swinging treble hooks the size of walnuts and maybe just maybe use some of that money to employ more CO's? Until that day, redneck justice is all we really have. I usually wont approach a snagger or someone taking more fish than their limit/milking every fish he lands if im by myself, but there is strength in numbers! A few times this year, even today, me and a few of the other regulars of this trib have confronted snaggers and more often than not they high-tail it outa there, of course you get the ones that pretend not to understand what your saying as well.... poor salmon, with how low the water levels are this year no fish stands a chance

Your right,the more voices can make a difference even if it's only one or three that get's told or reminded.:good:

sorry if im coming off a little harsh but i lost what would have been my first 4 brownies today !! O well gonna give it another go tomorrow hopefully I can finally bring one of these gorgeous fish to the bank!

I see we both have something in common. lol. Good luck!,I believe mine will change this weekend:thumbsup_anim:.

first of all, I won't go near the river because of all the bad stories I hear. I just fish the pier/lake.

I asked an honest question about migration habits. I don't think it is inappropriate.

having a fishing message board while not being able to ask questions like this about fishing with fellow anglers is like having a library without any books allowed.

you won't learn much.

and its a shame this board seems to have the attitude that information can't be shared amongst fellow anglers.

being able to discuss experiences and info with fellow anglers SHOULD be one of the main values of this board.

but it isn't.

sad.

This remark reminded me of my father, and brought me back to ground. Thank you.

Your right, un fortunately I feel because of the internet and the use by thousands of people it has

become more of a storytelling place, people are scared to tell where when and how. Even I, there are to many :asshat: out there that just wanna use the thickest line keep me all trample throughetc the list goes on. But your right.

Was this a remark to my post.? Sorry if I may seem upset about the slaying of salmon/ any living thing but heck, if your gunna gut her just for two skiens full of roe take her meat too, and at least kill her by cutting her head off/ cut the gills not crap on her and let her float away still gasping for air. I think I've had enough, the dip net last weekend did it, I'm going to approach and question and argue with anyone no matter what size shape color who is doing illegal activities in the water, I'll give me my piece of mind maybe more where ore the CO's???????????????????????? WHERE ARE THE CO'S??? Where are the co's where are the co's where are the co's???????????????????????

Nope, he posted before you. wink.gif

on a side note I hooked into a big coho today while fishing bows on 6lb line! that was fun!

you won't learn much.

but it isn't.

sad.

Very true. Although I understand where he was coming from I do think it way have been a little off there.

x2, no need to stock them in my opinion. Once they are in the river and creeks they are as useless as a bag of bricks( and feel like one when hooked).

I'm still praying for the complete irradication of Pacific Salmon from our waterways..... whistling.gif

x2, no need to stock them in my opinion. Once they are in the river and creeks they are as useless as a bag of bricks( and feel like one when hooked).

I take it you've never had an encounter with a 30lb chrome king from the lake.

No Ive never caught one in open water (piers or on the lake) I lost one in the niagara whirlpool once that was a rush! They can be fun to catch if they are fresh and hitting but right now im finding they are stealing the brown trouts attention thus making the brownies harder to catch so the salmon arent in my good books haha

I take it you've never had an encounter with a 30lb chrome king from the lake.

No Ive never caught one in open water (piers or on the lake) I lost one in the niagara whirlpool once that was a rush! They can be fun to catch if they are fresh and hitting but right now im finding they are stealing the brown trouts attention thus making the brownies harder to catch so the salmon arent in my good books haha

Your lack of success with browns probably doesn't have much to do with chinooks :)

Your lack of success with browns probably doesn't have much to do with chinooks :)

Bill I think the lack of success might stem from the fact that pouring a single bottle of water in that bloodbath of a creek in oakville would in fact double the flow output.

Stopped by today for a peek while I was driving through, if you are looking for entertainment you won't find a better bang for your buck. I watched a full grown man reel his treble up to the rod tip and jam it in the mouth of a salmon that was gasping its last breath, then drag the poor thing to shore for dinner.

x2 its disgusting down there, can hardly stand fishing there cuz of the smell and all the idiots snagging spawned out half dead salmon for dinner, cant wait for the snow to keep all those idiots at home smile.gif

Bill I think the lack of success might stem from the fact that pouring a single bottle of water in that bloodbath of a creek in oakville would in fact double the flow output.

Stopped by today for a peek while I was driving through, if you are looking for entertainment you won't find a better bang for your buck. I watched a full grown man reel his treble up to the rod tip and jam it in the mouth of a salmon that was gasping its last breath, then drag the poor thing to shore for dinner.