Thanksgiving Duck Hunting Anual

NAW

My weekend started out with me granting my wife her one and only thanksgiving long weekend “wish”. She wanted 5 hours “Baby-free”. So from 6:30 till 11:30, I got to spend some good 1 on 1 time with the boy.

See what happens when the wife lets me dress him!

DSC04169.jpg

Some tummy time. He’s determined!

DSC04199.jpg

This is 7 years in a row I have gone duck hunting on Thanksgiving morning. 2 Years we’ve been at the new blind, and we’ve limited out 2 years in a row! This year was a fantastic shoot. We literally had a ringneck fly between me and my hunting partner, he was 4’ away from me. His wing almost touched my face.

DucksNick.jpg

Just to make this a bit of a fishing report. I hit Orr lake for an hour on Saturday evening, and got the old SKUNK…

Had a nice little visit from GBW as well. Nice to put a face to the name! Hopefully you managed to wet a line some time on the weekend Geoff!

Thanks!

But I have to be honest with you. I haven't made it out skeet shooting this year. It took 75 shells to drop those 12 birds... :wallbash:

Say what :rofl2:

Those ringers are quick little buggers though, so I know what you mean!

Great hunt, Nick! Good stuff dude!!

S.

Well done, nice bunch of birds. Your boy sure is growing fast!

Thanks Solo. 5 weeks and he can push himself up! He's doing great :thumbsup_anim:

Those ringers are quick little buggers though, so I know what you mean!

No kidding. They sound like little fighter jets :blink:

Edited by N.A.W

WOW! Maybe this is why the ringnecks sucked up on nip this weekend, they are already down.

Good job man!

We had 2 commit this Sunday and that's it.. last time at this spot 2 years ago we were done in 1/2 hour on 2 limits.

Guess we missed the migration this time. Good to see you got'm tho :)

Good to see you got'm tho :)

At one point we must have had 40 birds all hit the water at the same time within 80 yards of the blind. It was total mayhem.

Going again this weekend. Usually the migration lasts a week or tow at our blind.

Some great shots there Nick... of the hunting as well. Little lad is growing like a weed.

Here's all we killed this weekend...

LOL

Nice shooting brother.I,ll be hitting the bush this weekend. To bad they blocked the parking spot on the 400,at willow.I loved walking that and jumpimg them.

Sounds like we did miss the migration. Very strange since Thanksgiving is a week early this year LOL!

Good luck this weekend :) Those little fighter jets are fun cause they come in so quick and are not

to shy, unlike the local mallards this time of year.

The mallards are all parnoid now LOL!.. so much I expect them to be flying around with tinfoil hats HAHAH!

Can't wait for them to start migrating :)

Edited by RangerGuy