B1 Today

darsky

Totally disagree, I fish in all kinds of weather including severe chop. Never felt like I was going overboard and I stand all day. It comes down to knowing what your doing, what's going on around you, always wearing a life vest and not being stupid on the water. Fish like weather and so do I. I was out a few weeks ago with wind gusts to 35 mph and felt completely safe. Mind you I own a Ranger so that might be why :-)

Severe chop? Have you ever stuffed your ranger?

I've run bass boats and deep v's across Lake Ontario, Simcoe and other big bodies of water in very angry weather. It really doesn't matter what boat your are in, it is no fun, none at all. Hands down I would take a Deep V in the really rough stuff, no doubt about it. A Glass Deep V is a true rough water gem.

Edited by Harrison

Have I ever stuffed my Ranger, yup sure did came around a point into the main body of water I fish in and hit the wind and chop dead on took me by suprise speared the wave dead on at about 25 mph but the boat handled it like a champ. I know lots of guys who fish LSF for bass and go out in all kinds of weather. Would I fish walleye from it nope, not because the boat could not handle the water but it's not set up for that species, and neither am I :thumbsup_anim:

:Gonefishing:

I've run bass boats and deep v's across Lake Ontario, Simcoe and other big bodies of water in very angry weather. It really doesn't matter what boat your are in, it is no fun, none at all. Hands down I would take a Deep V in the really rough stuff, no doubt about it. A Glass Deep V is a true rough water gem.

/Thread.

Everybody's local conditions are different when nasty, you don't become a hero simply because you went out, then were able to make it home again.

" I was out a few weeks ago with wind gusts to 35 mph and felt completely safe."

Just curious-were you out fishing on L ST Francis on this particular day? Do you know that you can die out on Francis ? I know someone personally who fishes that lake out of a 21.5 ft RANGER and will not think about making the run from Vallyfield to Lancaster or anywhere west of that under the conditions that you brag about going out in. You must be Superman in a boat.Not the first time I have heard this.

My my aren't you a sarcastic type. Superman LOL not at all, no where did is say LSF I said I have fished in rough weather. I guess your rough weather is rougher than mine LOL.

Unlike many I have nothing to prove to anyone just the facts mam just the fact LOL :ninja: and if I have to die I can think of no place better than doing what I love, fishing from my Ranger :clapping:

Edited by UglyBug

I fished a Quinte Fishing Series tourney a number of years ago... it was like piss on a plate at blast off, so many made long runs to hit spots... launch was out of Trenton.

As the day progressed, so did the wind... Big Bay was pretty angry by 2:00pm... came around the corner point of the bay to greet 5-6 footers... buddy's Targa 20ft boat, very deep V glass handled it pretty well, the two big bass boats that flipped end over end, not so well.

Everyone was ultimately safe/rescued, but I think a few lessons were learned...

Know your boat and know what the body of water your on can do, when it get's a little riled up!

HH