Best Fly=-in

d.thibeau

Hello everyone. Looking for some advice. Looking for a good fly-in for next year for a group of 4 -6. Only considerations are as follows:

• Cost
  • Proximity to flight (we are in Hamilton Area)
  • great fishing (walleye, bass, pike)

Any advice/suggestions are welcomed.

Hammer

ive always been intrigued by this fly in type of adventure....and now reading mike's epic report has put this need in high gear....thanks mike!!

but ive always wondered ...what would one need to spend on a decent to good outfitter...

i guess you do get what you pay for.....

just curious...

ive always been intrigued by this fly in type of adventure....and now reading mike's epic report has put this need in high gear....thanks mike!!

but ive always wondered ...what would one need to spend on a decent to good outfitter...

i guess you do get what you pay for.....

just curious...

I am pretty sure you can fly to an outpost with sound boats/motors, decent service, reasonable accommodations and excellent fishing for $700-$725 per person. I'd say the good majority of outposts run $850 to $900 per person though. There are of course more deluxe outposts as well that run over $1000 per person. Also, the distance you need to fly will play a BIG role in the cost. A trip to Eddies North is about $1500 per person, but that's most likely because it's a relatively long flight (1.5 hours or so?).

Parks Fly-in out of Hawk Junction (this side of Wawa) is well priced ($700 for a week), and has some great camps with good walleye and pike fishing, the drive is less than 10 hours from the GTA which is alot easier (and cheaper for fuel) than the 14 plus hours to Nakina. I've used them twice and had great trips with no disappointments, great outfitter

Mike would be the guy to talk to about specifics

http://www.outpostcamps.com/