Lake of the Woods report

Fisherpete

Then she began to move, and he shouted “Fish on!”. I asked “Feel big?” to which he replied “Not sure…” but then she broke water, and a MASSIVE green head thrashed from side to side, almost in slow motion! “HOLY CRAP, IT’S A BEAST!!!” I yelled, and as Andrew dragged her away from the rocks, she began to show her strength, going deep and staying there. She took him for a walk all around the boat, with thumping headshakes and pulling him dangerously close to the trolling motor at times. She dove straight down at one point and literally doubled his sling blade in half. Andrew had loosened his drag off, but she never really made any runs – just staying deep and bulldogging. She finally started to tire, and I waited for just the right moment to slide the net under her. This was not a net job to botch – I don’t think Andrew would ever have spoken to me again if I had messed it up!!! I looked at her in the new, looked up at Andrew and quietly said “Dude, I think she is going to go 55” Did anyone hear that joyful scream last Friday afternoon? Yup, that was Andrew from 2000km away.

Felt like I was there ... amazing report .... awesome fish ... congrats :clapping:

Dang what a week guys that hook removal can be done when your full of adrenalin. I had to do the same with my daughter in the boat before I knew it I had just ripped it out had it been under different times like slow fishing I might have left for the hospital.

Congrats on a beast and to great times.

Excellent report!

Almost like watching a short film or reading short story about a huge drive to land of gold.

Really like description of drive up and pics.

All the amazing fish pictures, including big northern Ontario bass.

The incredible bald eagle display. There seems to be a real increase of them.

Very nicely capped off with a monster muskie that was the goal of your journey. :Gonefishing:

Congrats and thanks for posting.

Thanks everyone, it was truly an amazing time with some great new friends and capped off by the fish of a lifetime for Andrew. We all learned a lot about LOTW, and will be better equipped next year to get into a few more. The report took me a whole afternoon to write, but I really enjoyed making it. Can't wait to do another trip like this again next year!

Peter