Wolseley Bay French River

LefroyFisherman

Just returned from 8 days of fishing that area. Bass fishing for first four days was awesome. THen cold front came through, and bass fishing never ret'd to what it was. Pike fishing was mediocre, as it has been for all three trips this year. Had a big muskie follow a surface plug (actually created a big wake) last WEdnesday. THen....nothing til last night...really windy all day, but it dropped off around 7pm. decided on one last hour of fishing for the year up there. Third cast on a Top Raider.....wham!....47.5" lunge. I'll post a pic when I get back to my home (drove to my cabin today, and my connection for camera is home- don't use a chip). WAs by myself, so netting was a bit tricky. Missed my first attempt and he then made a short run, and jumped....I almost died. Got him on my next attempt.

Great way to end the season.

Was there today from 3 to 8. We were in the black Princecraft Xpedition at the launch. Lots of people at the lodge. Fished hard for 5 hours, covering a lot of territory. H2 had a big girl on for a short while, then the hooked popped. One follower to the boat. That was it for us. Talked to a few groups at the docks before putting the boat up and the same thing today all around. We were lucky enough to see a Bald Eagle fly over the boat. Haven't seen one around here for a few years. For those of you that are there for the week, good luck and get into some big'uns!

Real heavy fog yesterday am that didn't lift until about 8:30am or so. One small boat went out and made it as far as Totum point and stopped due to no visibility. I heard they just fished right behind Totum point and hooked into one. Believe they lost her before getting her boated. Not sure how big. Heard of another being caught down he North Channel. Not hearing much at all of big girls eing landed this week. Should it surprise me as I have ever landed one here. Seen quite a few over the years, but no commits. :wallbash: