Why OFC,,,,,,,,,

misfish

It,s has the greatest people here.Now and passed.

Last last fall,I was looking to get into float fishing. I had so much help from a lot of members that knew this style of fishing. I got hooked,right away.I havent looked back.I have a MOJO ROD,that reminds me every outing. JF. :angel:

Then, all these posts about fly fishing appeared. I was interested in trying this as well.

So,off I go and get myself a cheap set up,some flies and tippets.Watch some vids on the how to. Totally want to try this. So after a few trips out,Im hooked and need to up grade. (I,m still :wallbash: , with some of the knot tying)

I kept a keen eye on the classifieds for upgrades. Low and behold,I find a few things. Along with that,I get PM,S,with offers. Im getting over whelmed,and getting the,what are you buying now look. :angry::D

Since this past spring,I have upgraded,some what (still need more) :w00t: .These members have made my new sport of fly fishing, very comfortable and enjoyable.

I paired up a custom made 8wt (made by Anglers specialties) with a Orvis I bought this past spring. It will be getting a workout the next three days. :Gonefishing:

That Fluger will get paired up with a 7 ft 4-5 wt come next spring. That reel has bling, and a great drag system.NIB never used. :Gonefishing:

Today was the bomb though,with the offer of a waders jacket, made in England. I was told about these wax wool jackets last night,and how warm they were,and here this morning,I,m offered one. Tried it on,good fit,and sold.

There,s no need,to name,names of these members (as they know who they are)and the others that have showed me the way and helped with their wisdom of fly fishing.

I would just like to say thank you again OFC. :clapping:

014-3.jpg

015-2.jpg

Edited by Misfish

I've got a Hardy. Can't beat waxed cotton in the winter. They are toasty.

They don't breathe worth beans though. ;)

You mean,it,s a weight loss jacket Dave. :thumbsup_anim:

I was wearing it for about 5 minutes today,and man ,it does get warm.Looking forward to using it this fall/winter.

After todays long walks and throwing that fly rod combo,I was very happy with it. The rod is not 9.6 but 10.6. :wallbash:

The larger arbor is very nice as well. Casting 50-60 ft with ease. Nothing to show for today but a new crop area for fiddle heads,but will be out at a few other spots I scoped out on the way home. I,m pooped,stinking and thirsty.LOL

Think I lost about 5 pounds easy today. I,m going to start weighing my self this fall,and see how much I lose on these long walks/bush wacking, days.