Breaking the rules on the Credit

majorlifts

Ok so Im at the Credit today, fly fishing,and I spot to guys working a pool, so I kindly approach and ask hows the luck. Well they were all smiles and pointed to the fish they caught.

To my shock they had a brown 18 to 20 inches a speck at 12 to 15 iches and would you believe, a speck at 3 inches!!! The worse part is they kept them in a NO KILL ZONE of the Credit!!! On top of that they were using live bait in an area were that is banned. I was soooo ticked. My buddy and I went all day playin it strait and only caught 1 speck about 6 inches. The next time I see that crap and I full and well know the rules, Im gonna start throwin rocks in the water to spook the fish, then Ill think about smashin heads.

Huge ass signs right in the entrance where these guys parked, fully stating the rules.

Some guy was there and told them they better get the hell out of there before MNR shows up. Because he also saw as I did the fish were already dead and nothing could be done.

Jag asses, what can ya do.

I know what you mean... saw the same thing happen to me today... I have even seen a guy snag a duck and bring that home.... some people are sick... really bugs me. I saw one guy have a snagged suck a bow which was in no kill waters, he was using roe and had a hook with a barb in artificial barbless zone...told him i was gonna call the MNR, he was out of there quick...

Yes, and the sad thing is there are too many that don't even get seen by anyone! I like to be friendly to as many people as I can, especially fellow fishermen..who share my love for outdoors etc...but these type leave you with a real mad on!

Edited by Black Blade

Wadda ya mean, next time?

You shoulda did something right there and then.

All talk. No action.

After the fact it's: "Boy, next time yer really gonna get it."

or

Don't make idle threats you know you will never carry out.

or

Do something less violent and within the means of the law, like take a little stroll, and calmly call the authorities, and try and get their licence plate and pics of the oos fish. ;)

All talk no action? Tisk tisk, you really dont know me that well enough to make such hasty comments clamp it so behave yourself and let me explain.

A: The old man that was there seemed to have a handle on things before I could make any of the right decisions as to what to do. He arrived just as I was looking at the fish and making comments about the fact they were using live bait. The guy with the fish argued with him in a kind tone. He never got out of hand and consequently left when they were told by the old man what they were doing was illegal.

B: Out of respect for the old guy I think keeping cool was the educated thing to do.

C: people carry guns these days and have killed for less, upset the wrong guy, follow him to his car, take down his plate, and take a piece of lead in the face for three oos fish. No thanks. I think how it was handled was good enough, I think these guys will not make the same mistake twice. Not there at least.

Well dude I think you did ok in my books. Im a bashm and trashm as well,but the times they are a changing.I still kick a white bucket or two down at the docks here and if the man wants to get a little hairy with me,well bring it on. :wallbash::wallbash:

Glamp-it ,maybe you would sing them a song and memorize them with yer guitar strings.LOL

Maybe a dunk in the C-MENT POND for these guys would fix them.LOL

There is SO MUCH IGNORANCE out there. Just have to stay cool and do yer best. Myself I have a hard time not going over and snatching the rod and telling them they are doing wrong,but like you said,you never know what they got.

You and I would make a great team Dude. :stretcher::stretcher:

But making the call to me now a days, is the best thing. :canadian::canadian:

Hi guys.

Guess what I am watching on TV?

Mad Max. Bang. bang.

No I did not go fishing on the weekend. My plan was and is to go tomorrow on Monday or Tuesday. By then, I hope I will avoid most of what you guys are seeing out on the water - subject to the weather and that my bad back does not get worst.

Fishing is meant to be peaceful and an enjoyable moment of time.

carp-starter - good luck to all of you brave guys

Believe me guys, most of the poachers are not ignorance. They know what they are doing. They know that to plead ignorance, the law will let them go the first time.

Ok so Im at the Credit today, fly fishing,and I spot to guys working a pool, so I kindly approach and ask hows the luck. Well they were all smiles and pointed to the fish they caught.

To my shock they had a brown 18 to 20 inches a speck at 12 to 15 iches and would you believe, a speck at 3 inches!!! The worse part is they kept them in a NO KILL ZONE of the Credit!!! On top of that they were using live bait in an area were that is banned. I was soooo ticked. My buddy and I went all day playin it strait and only caught 1 speck about 6 inches. The next time I see that crap and I full and well know the rules, Im gonna start throwin rocks in the water to spook the fish, then Ill think about smashin heads.

Huge ass signs right in the entrance where these guys parked, fully stating the rules.

Some guy was there and told them they better get the hell out of there before MNR shows up. Because he also saw as I did the fish were already dead and nothing could be done.

Jag asses, what can ya do.

Dude....I saw the same thing in a no live bait zone on the credit....i've been playin' it straight for 2 days and got skunked! and these guys are doin this in an sanctuary no less!

All talk no action? Tisk tisk, you really dont know me that well enough to make such hasty comments clamp it.

because it was only three years ago I kicked the living crap out of some fat ass for talking trash just like that. ehg can attest to that.

so behave yourself and let me explain.

A: The old man that was there seemed to have a handle on things before I could make any of the right decisions as to what to do. He arrived just as I was looking at the fish and making comments about the fact they were using live bait. The guy with the fish argued with him in a kind tone. He never got out of hand and consequently left when they were told by the old man what they were doing was illegal.

B: Out of respect for the old guy I think keeping cool was the educated thing to do.

C: people carry guns these days and have killed for less, upset the wrong guy, follow him to his car, take down his plate, and take a piece of lead in the face for three oos fish. No thanks. I think how it was handled was good enough, I think these guys will not make the same mistake twice. Not there at least.

Good for you man I think you did the right thing!!!!!!

LOL! dude, i love reading posts that internet tough guys make. better watch it clampet, he'll smash your head :rolleyes: btw...clampet is right, why wait until next time?

more enforcement would go a long way. i wonder how many CO's actually patrol SW ontario?

Edited by ch312

dude dood the right thing here.. those kind of people probably have no licence anyhow...

IGNORANCE!!!!!!! best to educate them and call the proper authorities ...

oh and always carry a black belt and you ain't got that a fish bat (club) will do just fine..

but caution.. use it only if they turn on ya or you'll be charged with assult with a weapon.. :whistling:

with some of thos people THIS helps------------------> :wallbash:

------------J <*(((>< good fishin dude...

cliff...

Odds are they show up and bother the folks that do have a license. :dunno:

Dont bug me at all... I am glad to see em checking for licences... It would be easier if there was some sort of patch or something in a bright colour you have to display on your self... that way if you dont have one you're easily pointed out....