"my legal right"

Rich

Too funny!!!! Because I live in southern Ontario I'll be driving up to and spending time on Kennebec Lake this weekend and I might or might not test out my silly and absurd practice but that all depends on my mental state. Heck I might even borrow a friends firearm and bag some wild game while I'm out there, with the outboard in the water to boot, or from my moving truck. If you must call the MNR they can reach me at 905-NICE-TRY. Way too funny folks.

Austerity is already here. I sure hope there is this much fight in you when there is no one to watch stocks. Wide brush stroke but I guess if we want fish we can always stand shoulder to shoulder with the Natives and they can show us a trick or two cause nothing seems to be illegal in that camp.

Regardless, A safe and fun filled Labor Day Weekend to all.

Too funny!!!! Because I live in southern Ontario I'll be driving up to and spending time on Kennebec Lake this weekend and I might or might not test out my silly and absurd practice but that all depends on my mental state. Heck I might even borrow a friends firearm and bag some wild game while I'm out there, with the outboard in the water to boot, or from my moving truck. If you must call the MNR they can reach me at 905-NICE-TRY. Way too funny folks.

Austerity is already here. I sure hope there is this much fight in you when there is no one to watch stocks. Wide brush stroke but I guess if we want fish we can always stand shoulder to shoulder with the Natives and they can show us a trick or two cause nothing seems to be illegal in that camp.

Regardless, A safe and fun filled Labor Day Weekend to all.

I'm not sure what natives your referring to? But my family, my friends, my first nations are more respectful of the fishery then they have to be, and much moreso then most anglers I witness on the water. We follow the laws, because its the right thing to do, and because I respect the fishery, as well as all the others that enjoy it.

I spend countless hours teaching the same philosophies to my children as well, for future generations, mine and yours.

To me thats a pretty generalized and offensive comment, and trying to justify your actions towards poaching, all the while lumpsumping humans, is pretty ignorant and downright rude.

I can see where your coming from, but the law is the law, and you are preaching your case to some VERY serious advocates of our ecosystem/fisheries on this site.

Thats just the way I feel... Take it as you will

Edited by manitoubass2

I just got back from a trip and it was a great one.

Two guys with sport lic and we

Caught tons. We kept one wally and one pike. Maybe next time I go there there will still be some fish in the lake.

How do the people who like to keep everything feel when they see someone else keeping everything they catch????? ?????

Edited by glen

I'm not sure what natives your referring to, but my family, my friends, my first nations are more respectful of the fishery then they have to be, and much moreso then most anglers I witness on the water. We follow the laws, because its the right thing to do, and because I respect the fishery, as well as all the others that enjoy it.

I spend countless hours teaching the same philosophies to my children as well, for future generations, mine and yours.

To me thats a pretty generalized and offensive comment, and trying to justify your actions towards angling, all the while lumpsumping humans, is pretty ignorant and downright rude.

I can see where your coming from, but the law is the law, and your preaching your case to some VERY serious advocates of our ecosystem/fisheries on this site.

Thats just the way I feel... Take it as you will

I'm not FN , I have many FNs buddies I totally understand and and relate

.. Yep on that !

I don't think that his topic has anything to do with FNs .... Not a place to be jealous of othes or point fingers ... Except to those who do what they like , twist and disobey the written laws and worsten the fishery for others who care ...

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

I'm not FN , I have many FNs buddies I totally understand and and relate

.. Yep on that !

I don't think that his topic has anything to do with FNs .... Not a place to be jealous of othes or point fingers ... Except to those who do what they like , twist and disobey the written laws and worsten the fishery for others who care ...

I agree RFS.

I'm not gonna derail the thread, I just thought that "Natives" and over harvesting comments to be off base and completely ignorant.

They have zero place in this thread, or on this site IMO.

There are good people, bad people, responsible and irresponsible, ignorant and knowledgeable, those that obey the laws and those that break them. For whatever reasons, right or wrong. Bringing up race is just not a noble front in my eyes, especially to justify your own (moxies) actions or beliefs.

To each their own, but what you get caught moxie, you'll have little support and nobody to blame but yourself.

I bet it be tough to fish with confiscated gear.... and where a topwater is referring to a poop that floats

Edited by manitoubass2

"the natives"

Im pretty sure is referring to their spring spear hunt for pike / walleye, and nets, which they have the right to do legally in some areas. Lumping all natives into that group is incredibly ignorant, and blaming the ones who were fishing here long before us for the collapse of anything seems very stupid. But then again, so does banking limits from years past.

By the way, with your banking fish ruling, i guess that means next time i visit your kennebic lake, im allowed to take 10,000 walleye and pike? Ive been c&r my whole life so wow im in for some serious poundage this year!